Infected with doubt? - DCPs latest comments on apostasy.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: Infected with doubt? - DCPs latest comments on apostasy.

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

DrW wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:---- Similarly, Dr. W. once described Peterson as a "sociopath" (a descriptor that DCP mistakenly ascribed to me). Well...it's sad to say that it's difficult to dismiss those labels outright. He's done enough bad things--or, perhaps more correctly, he hasn't done enough *nice* things to assuage the suspicion that these accusations are accurate. Yes, it's true: countering this sentiment would entail him doing things that are uncomfortable, and that he's never before done in his life. But the possibility still exists.

Don't recall the context in which the "sociopath" comment was made, and don't have the time to look it up just now. That being said, I would have been remiss if I failed to also mentioned DCP's repertoire of NPD behaviors.

Don't worry, Dr. W.: I've got you covered. The remark was made in the context of our thread concerning Carl Sagan, and whether or not the Mopologists hope that he will be a "TK Smoothie" in the next life. You made some pointed criticisms of Peterson, and were scolded for it by a pair of posters. Eventually you defended your position:

Dr. W. wrote:Although DCP originally had no idea who I was when I began posting here in 2009, he attacked me personally with wholly unfounded innuendo and outright false statements in response to my pointing out a few facts that contradicted his nonsense. One example later on was his sincere belief in, and pseudo scientific defense of, dowsing. He opined publicly that I was an unqualified poser and a pretend academic.

Over the years it appears that he may have found out my name and is not above throwing in little underhanded comments now and then on SeN. This kind of behavior has not gone unnoticed. If I recall correctly both Everybody Wang Chung and Dr. Scratch have noted recently that DCP considers me an enemy.

I see DCP as a narcissistic, self doubting and sometimes vicious sociopath. His pathological need for attention coupled with a sense of entitlement, delusional worldview and laziness are like unto that of Donald Trump.

Quite a devastating criticism, in my view. If Dr. Peterson doesn't like being criticized in this way, then perhaps he ought to consider a different approach.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_DrW
_Emeritus

Re: Infected with doubt? - DCPs latest comments on apostasy.

Post by _DrW »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Don't worry, Dr. W.: I've got you covered. The remark was made in the context of our thread concerning Carl Sagan, and whether or not the Mopologists hope that he will be a "TK Smoothie" in the next life. You made some pointed criticisms of Peterson, and were scolded for it by a pair of posters. Eventually you defended your position:

Dr. W. wrote:Although DCP originally had no idea who I was when I began posting here in 2009, he attacked me personally with wholly unfounded innuendo and outright false statements in response to my pointing out a few facts that contradicted his nonsense. One example later on was his sincere belief in, and pseudo scientific defense of, dowsing. He opined publicly that I was an unqualified poser and a pretend academic.

Over the years it appears that he may have found out my name and is not above throwing in little underhanded comments now and then on SeN. This kind of behavior has not gone unnoticed. If I recall correctly both Everybody Wang Chung and Dr. Scratch have noted recently that DCP considers me an enemy.

I see DCP as a narcissistic, self doubting and sometimes vicious sociopath. His pathological need for attention coupled with a sense of entitlement, delusional worldview and laziness are like unto that of Donald Trump.

Doctor Scratch wrote:Quite a devastating criticism, in my view. If Dr. Peterson doesn't like being criticized in this way, then perhaps he ought to consider a different approach.

Why thank you, kind sir. Your diligent research (or steel trap memory and recall, whichever the case may be) is much appreciated.

(I shall sleep better tonight secure in the knowledge that I was indeed not remiss in the mention of DCP's narcissism.)
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."