Church Stats -Very Comprehensive!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_kairos
_Emeritus

Church Stats -Very Comprehensive!

Post by _kairos »

Over on ex Mormon reddit about 4 hours ago this link was posted- incredibly detailed data!

Enjoy it !

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AmHFwplcKAZyw1E4d5I ... w?e=jTJGfF

Above I had to right click "open link"-but you knew that already!

k
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Re: Church Stats -Very Comprehensive!

Post by _Mormonicious »

Very nicely done, however it is all Damn Lies and nothing but Damn Lies.

This post is to serve both views, the Organization's and it's Distrators.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Congregation growth rate (the best indicator of activity rate trends) at 0.10% is an all time low and behind global population growth rates. Given the expansions in places like Africa, this stat can only mean real shrinkage in member attendance in other parts of the world. Hence the “get back to Church before it’s too late” scaremongering from Mr Nelson at General Conference.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

I have a question wrote:Congregation growth rate (the best indicator of activity rate trends) at 0.10% is an all time low and behind global population growth rates. Given the expansions in places like Africa, this stat can only mean real shrinkage in member attendance in other parts of the world. Hence the “get back to Church before it’s too late” scaremongering from Mr Nelson at General Conference.

But did you notice that unit size was at an all time high? I think the unit rate is so low because they are having to consolidate wards due to inactivity. They have done that in my stake going from 6 wards to five. So they are loosing units in well established areas.

There are about 100 more members per unit now than in the 1970's and about 150 more members per unit than the 1980's.

I think the best indicator of activity and growth is looking at both the number of units and the size of each one. If, in the 1980's it was possible to operate ward units with 368 members, but now it takes 530, I would assume that the additional 160 members are inactive members not contributing to filling ward positions.

IOWs, not only is the raw growth screeching to a halt, inactivity rates are skyrocketing. They realize this and are eliminating the number of callings needed in each ward by combining the men's priesthood quorums into one, revamping the visiting teaching and home teaching into a single program and eliminating the length and number of meetings.

There is a reason they stopped announcing the membership numbers in conference. I expect they will stop posting them online eventually also.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Not so good numbers (Mwaw, haw, haw, haw).

2000 - 2018 Net Gain in Members = 2,182,268

2000 - 2018 Net Loss in Members = 814,040

Overall Loss of Members in percentage vs. Overall Gain in Members = 37.3% Loss

Not the direction the damned 15 want. All Hail Google GOD.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

Well the data shows that there are 26000 members in Italy with 19000 inactive ,probably much higher, but does a negative growth rate, rate the saints there getting a 50-100million dollar temple?

i suppose so-now let the Mormon tours to italy thrive because nothing else seems to be helping!

And why did the lds dna expert ugo perego get banished to italy? answer :so he could invite DCP to do a conference or fireside on the church senine, i mean lira.

k
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

kairos wrote:Well the data shows that there are 26000 members in Italy with 19000 inactive ,probably much higher, but does a negative growth rate, rate the saints there getting a 50-100million dollar temple?

i suppose so-now let the Mormon tours to italy thrive because nothing else seems to be helping!

And why did the LDS dna expert ugo perego get banished to italy? answer :so he could invite DCP to do a conference or fireside on the church senine, i mean lira.

k

*ahem* you mean, Euro €
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

kairos wrote:Well the data shows that there are 26000 members in Italy with 19000 inactive ,probably much higher, but does a negative growth rate, rate the saints there getting a 50-100million dollar temple?

And why did the lds dna expert ugo perego get banished to italy? answer :so he could invite DCP to do a conference or fireside on the church senine, i mean lira.

k

Well, it *is* the true setting for the events that took place in the Book of Mormon.

http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13858
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

I have a question wrote:

And why did the LDS dna expert ugo perego get banished to italy? answer :so he could invite DCP to do a conference or fireside on the church senine, i mean lira.

k

*ahem* you mean, Euro €

:lol: It looks like one Euro is worth about 2,000 Lyra (if you still have some old ones in a drawer somewhere).
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Simon Southerton
_Emeritus

Post by _Simon Southerton »

Very comprehensive data.

In four years the number of church units in California has declined by 9%!

But on the bright side the proportion of the Tongan population who are LDS has jumped from 47 to over 60% in the last 20 years.
LDS apologetics --> "It's not the crime, it's the cover-up, which creates the scandal."
"Bigfoot is a crucial part of the ecosystem, if he exists. So let's all help keep Bigfoot possibly alive for future generations to enjoy, unless he doesn't exist." - Futurama