To Shun, Or Not To Shun...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

To Shun, Or Not To Shun...

Post by _I have a question »

To Shun, Or Not To Shun, that is the question...

September 2014 Mr Christofferson:
It is not a question of love. We can and must love one another as Jesus loves us. As He said, “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another” (John 13:35). So although familial love continues, relationships may be interrupted and, according to the circumstances, even support or tolerance at times may be suspended[/b] for the sake of our higher love (see Matthew 10:37).

https://www.lds.org/study/ensign/2016/0 ... e?lang=eng

April 2019 Mr Soares
It is hard to understand all the reasons why some people take another path. The best we can do in these circumstances is just to love and embrace them, pray for their well-being, and seek for the Lord’s help to know what to do and say. Sincerely rejoice with them in their successes; be their friends and look for the good in them. We should never give up on them but preserve our relationships. Never reject or misjudge [/b]them. Just love them!

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng

The frequent doctrinal u-turns between Apostles (see Name Of The Church and November Policy for other recent examples) suggests the left and right hands of Church Leadership are unfamiliar with each other, and strongly suggests there isn’t a single, consistent, foresighted leader directing matters.

Constant inconsistency is not the hallmark of a reliable, trustworthy source of guidance.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: To Shun, Or Not To Shun...

Post by _Shulem »

Pharisee Christofferson wrote:for the sake of our higher love

A higher love? You mean love that's higher than lower love?

What the hell is this fool talking about?

LOVE is LOVE, period. High and low? Love is love. Only the Mormons Pharisees could come up with such a stupid idea. What a stupid church! A freaking cult! Good God!

I'm out of the cult forever!

:rolleyes:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Pharisee Christofferson wrote:support or tolerance at times may be suspended

This is the cult's prescription to withdraw support from gay people and to show lack of love and regard, hence the Mormons are expressing a lower love, I guess.

Good God, Mormons!

:rolleyes:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I have a question wrote:the left and right hands of Church Leadership are unfamiliar with each other

Sometime simple things like just loving another person is too hard to understand:

Mormons are like the waves of the sea, driven by the wind and tossed.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

My higher love for you is suspended with a lower love because you're gay.

Change your ways and I'll love you more with my higher love.

Apostle of Mormonism