Book of Abraham & Nineteenth Century Sources

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_kairos
_Emeritus

Re: Book of Abraham & Nineteenth Century Sources

Post by _kairos »

Dan
Can you point us to your work on witnesses to the Book of Mormon's
authenticity in as much as Dan Peterson is telling
fiollowers that he is lining up funding to make a movie on the suject?
Any thoughts on how the apologists would focus the movie perhaps as a rescue or strengthening effort or an apologetic piece?
Thanx again for your outstanding research and analysis on important Mormon historical subjects!
k
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

kairos wrote:Dan
Any thoughts on how the apologists would focus the movie perhaps as a rescue or strengthening effort or an apologetic piece?
Thanx again for your outstanding research and analysis on important Mormon historical subjects!
k

Has Dan Peterson reached out to Dan Vogel to participate so we can have Vogel's view from HIS viewpoint and not Peterson's biased one? THAT is what would be critical for me. Not a summary from Peterson on Vogel's view, but Vogel's view FROM VOGEL. After all, Peterson is blathering on and slobbering about how complete, totally scholarly, objective, realistic, faithful to history this is going to be.......doesn't that mean ALL historians of this ought to be given a voice? If not, why not?
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dan Vogel
_Emeritus

Post by _Dan Vogel »

kairos wrote:Dan
k

I do have two videos on the topic: one on the three and one on the eight. These are based on an essay I published in American Apocrypha.
I do not want you to think that I am very righteous, for I am not.
Joseph Smith (History of the Church 5:401)