The 15?????s all-expenses Jolly Boys weekend trip to Rome.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

The 15’s all-expenses Jolly Boys weekend trip to Rome.

Post by _I have a question »

So, after spending eye watering amounts more than on any other temple construction, we now hear that all 15 Apostles (and their wives etc) will be travelling to Rome for its dedication (Let’s check, for instance, where Sheri Dew is on that weekend). So what gives? Is it seen as a dagger in the heart of Catholicism? Is it just the 15 jumping on the band wagon for a triumphantism photo op? Or is it symbolic of a closer partnership? Is Mormonism becoming Catholicism’s arrogant younger sibling?

A month later, in April, the Kinshasa Democratic Republic Of The Congo temple is being dedicated. Will all 15 be there for that? If not, why not? If not, what does that tell the members in the Congo about their level of importance in the eyes of the Apostles?

I would like to see the full list of people travelling from SLC to Rome for the dedication whose travel expenses are being picked up by the Church. And I’d like to see a breakdown of what the trip costs. I’d also like the Church to openly declare how much money they’ve spent on the Rome temple project, inclusive of all the travel expenses associated with people visiting. Surely it would be a faith promoting message for the tithe paying members, those who resist paying for food and electricity before tithing. And then compare the cost to that of the temple project in Kinshasa.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Tator
_Emeritus

Re: The 15’s all-expenses Jolly Boys weekend trip to Rome.

Post by _Tator »

I have this filed in my "Great and Abominable Church" file but it could belong in the "Indulgences" file.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

I have a question wrote:I’d also like the Church to openly declare how much money they’ve spent on the Rome temple project, inclusive of all the travel expenses associated with people visiting.

You do realise that this request is as inappropriate as asking if you can look up Heavenly Father's pants to check whether he is wearing clean underwear? Have you no sense of decency?

It is shocking that you should have to be reminded of this by a Gentile!
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

From reddit:
Sheri Dew accompanied the Nelsons on their around the world trip, on their Canada trip, and on their tour of South America.

If anyone sees her in Rome, please return and bring us word.

edit, u/cmukasey has confirmed that she is there. But is anyone surprised?
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

They need to leave one behind so the line of succession is clear in case the plane crashes or the Evil "Popes and Priests, army and navies who reign with blood and horror on this earth" tries to wipe out the whole leadership of L-d$,inc in Italy.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I suspect the apostles were enamored with the prospect of a Roman holiday. Besides, they wanted to be on hand when President Nelson met Pope Francis.

The Rome Temple Complex is designed to the HQ for the Church's European operations.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

Wendy is there in the shadows, right?

Anyone keeping track of where Sherri Dew is now?
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

Want to bet the Over/Under on Apostles asking those they meet the "Golden Question" is two?

These guys are lousy missionaries.
― Joseph Joubert
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

Like a lot of MLM'ers, we can count on a GC talk based on a chance encounter of one of the fab 15 with a taxi or uber driver, a hotel clerk, a door man, a hotel shoe shine person, a bell hop eytc in which the apostle feels the spirit so strong that he must testify that the church is true, God loves them, Book of Mormon is true and gives a copy and maybe even a prayer is offered for this almost lost soul. Afraid of confronting the pope or a cardinal or a nun or a rc priest or a cassock wearing seminarian because those types will call out a hell fire and damnation NO , the apostle will claim he has brought the true gospel to an awaiting potential saint- my prophecy to be confirmed at next GC.

just prophesin

k