Oaks plural wife infers single adults are total losers

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Oaks plural wife infers single adults are total losers

Post by _I have a question »

Many mid-single adults wonder what they are doing wrong resulting in them still being single. But rather than ask what they are doing wrong, Sister Oaks encouraged that they should ask, “What more can I do that is right?”

Sister Oaks remembers wondering what she was doing wrong to delay the beautiful blessings promised to her in her patriarchal blessing. “I had 53 years to do this. Nothing was happening. I was beginning to think my prayers were going unanswered, that I might be a total loser and somehow something I was doing was terribly wrong."

https://www.thechurchnews.com/leaders-a ... lest-48785
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Re: Oaks plural wife infers single adults are total losers

Post by _Holy Ghost »

She and Wendy Watson! Now there's a pair of Sisters (wives, that is).
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov