Europe Area 2017 plan.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Europe Area 2017 plan.

Post by _I have a question »

The 2017 Europe Area Plan sets three objectives:
1. Bring A Friend
2. Become Spiritually And Temporally Self-reliant
3. Find An Ancestor

(from the narrative introduction to the financial accounts for the UK year ending December 2017)
http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Ac ... 31_E_C.pdf

What can we extrapolate from those objectives as to the future for members of the Church?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_NorthboundZax
_Emeritus

Re: What does the 2017 Europe Area Plan tell us?

Post by _NorthboundZax »

It's just the old 3-fold mission of the church repackaged. The one thing I think we can extrapolate is that the 4th mission of the church to help the needy never went anywhere.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: What does the 2017 Europe Area Plan tell us?

NorthboundZax wrote:It's just the old 3-fold mission of the church repackaged. The one thing I think we can extrapolate is that the 4th mission of the church to help the needy never went anywhere.

Good point!
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Europe Area 2017 plan.

Bring a Friend' is intended to sound comfortable. We have an image of friends joining us for a walk or an ice cream, or coming to sacrament meeting with us when we speak. Many will have brought friends to see 'Meet the Mormons' {A Victory For Satan}. Our friends will come to understand that they feel different when they have these experiences, and they might wonder why.

'Become Spiritually and Temporally Self-Reliant' recognizes that if we don't stand firmly on our own feet spiritually, we get swept away too easily by the storms of life. Daily prayer and scripture study are at the heart of spiritual self-reliance. The blessings come instantly, as they do when we fast each month, contribute a generous fast offering, and offer an honest tithe. Temporal self-reliance lets us be more confident as we gain education and become more employable.

Instant blessings?

'Find an Ancestor' is something which will also bring extraordinary light and blessings as we find those who have gone before us and perform sacred ordinances for them. As we take steps toward binding our families together through the generations, we marvel at what happens in our lives. We see evidence that prophetic promises of protection, guidance, and joy are poured out upon us.

If you haven't really tried the three steps above, it isn't too late. You can start now. You will quickly see the impact these three simple invitations will have on you and upon those around you.

https://www.lds.org.uk/europe-area-plan-update