LDS presidents for $400

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

LDS presidents for $400

Post by _Holy Ghost »

The most innovative LDS President since Brigham Young.

Who was...?
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: LDS presidents for $400

Post by _I have a question »

Hinckley the Marketeer.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Who was David O. McKay?
Who was Spencer W. Kimball?

President David O. McKay for total changes and President Spencer W. Kimball for most dramatic and positive change.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Who was Warren Jeffs.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."