Dan Petersen and NDEs.(Near Death Experiences

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mormon Think
_Emeritus

Re: Dan Petersen and NDEs.(Near Death Experiences

Post by _Mormon Think »

Although I have been fascinated by NDEs for decades, these days when I hear a story on NDEs I can't help but think of that kid that went to heaven, saw all this wonderful stuff and then told his family all about it. It was so moving they wrote a book and made a movie about it. Then later he admitted to making it all up - what a let down.

I watched a documentary on NDEs. The conclusion reached is that although many people say that the NDE described some medical procedure or event they couldn't have known about, when this is researched the controls simply aren't there and people explained the medical procedure in generic terms as they have seen this stuff on TV for all their lives. Regarding people saying things that they wouldn't have know about, 'I saw the family talking about what they would do if I died', well that could have been information prompted by the people or common enough occurrences that it isn't proof of anything. And they only count the hits and forget the misses which are never talked about so in the end not that spectacular.

Now some hospitals have reportedly started putting words and phrases e.g. 'Mary had a little lamb' on rafters and such that would only be visible if someone was indeed 'floating' on top of the room. Now that would indeed be compelling evidence but only if they could totally rule out that they were not prompted or told about the writings like they brought it up first on their own for example and the hospital staff didn't know about the writings and couldn't have told them...