DCP says he has nothing to hide, is transparent....

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: DCP says he has nothing to hide, is transparent....

Post by _Lemmie »

I don't think he's in bad health. I really just think he is absolutely sure that god is on his side and that people not on his side are completely beneath him, to the extent that they don't even count as legitimate human beings in his mind. And animals like that are completely without value, to the extent that any interaction with them can only result in Midgley being superior in every way. Hence the totally over the top stories where he is all good and the other is all bad in every single encounter he has ever had.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Hmmm. I have watched him over the years and he is not quite himself here.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Kishkumen wrote:Hmmm. I have watched him over the years and he is not quite himself here.

What do you think is different? You're right, I have only watched his posts in real time for the last couple of years so I may not be seeing a trend. I thought calling gemli an "it" and then carrying that through multiple posts was over the top, but not really out of character compared to what apparently got him thrown out of the Tanner's bookstore. Is it the memory errors that are new? Are the spelling/grammar/auto-correct errors that he skips over out of character?
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Lemmie wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:Hmmm. I have watched him over the years and he is not quite himself here.

What do you think is different? You're right, I have only watched his posts in real time for the last couple of years so I may not be seeing a trend. I thought calling gemli an "it" and then carrying that through multiple posts was over the top, but not really out of character compared to what apparently got him thrown out of the Tanner's bookstore. Is it the memory errors that are new? Are the spelling/grammar/auto-correct errors that he skips over out of character?

I don't know him at all, but his posts give the impression of a man now a few Elders short of a Quorum...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Lemmie wrote:What do you think is different? You're right, I have only watched his posts in real time for the last couple of years so I may not be seeing a trend. I thought calling gemli an "it" and then carrying that through multiple posts was over the top, but not really out of character compared to what apparently got him thrown out of the Tanner's bookstore. Is it the memory errors that are new? Are the spelling/grammar/auto-correct errors that he skips over out of character?

He’s sloppier, more scattered, and, yes, his memory seems worse. Fraying on the edges of cognition.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_MrStakhanovite
_Emeritus

Post by _MrStakhanovite »

Kishkumen wrote:
Lemmie wrote:What do you think is different? You're right, I have only watched his posts in real time for the last couple of years so I may not be seeing a trend. I thought calling gemli an "it" and then carrying that through multiple posts was over the top, but not really out of character compared to what apparently got him thrown out of the Tanner's bookstore. Is it the memory errors that are new? Are the spelling/grammar/auto-correct errors that he skips over out of character?

He’s sloppier, more scattered, and, yes, his memory seems worse. Fraying on the edges of cognition.

Midge has always had that charming personality dripping with venom, but he was more disciplined and could keep in lockstep with his fellow Mopologists. This entire episode he has been breaking ranks and going off script in embarrassing ways. He has become a painful liability, even John Dehlin is sharing screen shots of his comments on social media, and frankly this won't do.

I think we are going to see a sunset on the old man's mopologetic career:

_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Kishkumen wrote:

He will be 88 in March. So I expect some of this can be attributed to age.

On the other hand, if he were in church leadership, it could be attributed to revelation.

:rolleyes:
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

Woody has, from what i have been reading, had a good life in terms of working mostly on the FARM and being paid because NAM told the BYU political science boss to not only keep his pay going but give him raises. Woody seems to me to be the type to hide behind the skirts of NAM as well as the very large skirt of DCP who has protected him on blog numerous times.
Now his memory may be scattered a little but he is remembering incidents that did happen -Apostolic interference in apologetics and hit pieces.
The Dehlin postings are probably giving DCP heartburn that TUMS will not relieve.

Woody needs to check out of the net as we used to say in the Army lest his loose lips sink the goodship Maxwell!

just sayin
k