Lou Midgley?????s Hysteria

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_toon
_Emeritus

Re: Lou Midgley’s Hysteria

Post by _toon »

Doctor Scratch wrote:I can't say I'm surprised he opted for The Brothers Karamazov (though it was a bonehead move on his part to go for the "Garnnnett" [sic] translation; he may be the last person on the planet who thinks it's superior to the Pevear/Volokhonsky version). That said, I think the Dostoyevsky book that is far more relevant to the Mopologists is Notes from Underground: the same anger, the same petty resentments, the same sort of outrage over not receiving the respect they feel they are entitled to--it's all there.

Funny you mention Notes from Underground in light of DCP's incel comparison. I've thought of the Underground Man as kind of a 19th century incel, be he could also be compared to Midgley's rantings.
_MrStakhanovite
_Emeritus

Post by _MrStakhanovite »

Doctor Scratch wrote:I can't say I'm surprised he opted for The Brothers Karamazov (though it was a bonehead move on his part to go for the "Garnnnett" [sic] translation; he may be the last person on the planet who thinks it's superior to the Pevear/Volokhonsky version). That said, I think the Dostoyevsky book that is far more relevant to the Mopologists is Notes from Underground: the same anger, the same petty resentments, the same sort of outrage over not receiving the respect they feel they are entitled to--it's all there.

Outstanding observation Doctor.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Lemmie wrote:In my day, a 'naughty' kid might play with matches, or sneak a sip of their gentile friend's mountain dew, or <gasp> ditch 10 minutes of early morning Seminary (not me, EVER!), but this sniffing for poop has me flummoxed. What kind of kid does that?!!!!!

I've had several fits of laughter over this one. One, unfortunately, was during an allergy attack and I ended up going through about a half a box of Kleenex as I recovered. All joking aside, I think it's a profound window into the fascinating psychology of a career Mopologist. For him it was the most natural thing into a world to say, and surely he thought everyone would see exactly what he was driving at.

What's revealed is a deep-seeded belief that people in their natural state are nihilistic. Kids without parents preaching Christ and the resurrection pass their time at the outhouse doing grotesque things.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

That poop thing is bizarre. What weird dude that Lou is.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist