Mormons are now a minority in Salt Lake Country

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Mormons are now a minority in Salt Lake Country

Post by _I have a question »

mocnarf wrote:Islam, when it gets control, has a history of eliminating the freedom of non-believers. Their stated goal is to establish a Sharia Government like Iran or Saudi Arabia. Yes, that would make me sad should their goals come to fruition. Would that not trouble you? Or, maybe you would just go with the flow and convert. Go along to get along?

I'm struggling to understand your point. Is it that you think a country's laws shouldn't reflect the will of the majority of the people, or that you are simply afraid of being on the losing side and ending up a minority? I'm pretty sure America's initial religion wasn't Christianity, so I assume you find the fact that the religious beliefs of the native Americans were destroyed in favour of an import completely objectionable and you would be all for Christian beliefs being thrown out as a political consideration?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Mormons are now a minority in Salt Lake Country

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

lostindc wrote:If Mormonism falls, then what happens to SLC?

Well, SLC or Utah is positioning it as the 'crossroads of the West'. They seized control of SLC's huge Northwest Quadrant in order to turn it into an inland port.

It's a shame because this was the 10-year study-turned-master plan approved in 2016:

http://www.slcdocs.com/Planning/Project ... tQ/NWQ.pdf

Anyway. People are people. They eat. They sleep. They do human things. If you look at growth patterns in Utah you're going to see huge influx patterns over the last 5 years and I don't really see it slowing down anytime soon. The only real constraint the western US is going to have is water. So, we'll see how that goes in the next 20-100 years.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.