Bednar and wife share a good laugh at BYU day after suicide

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gray Ghost
_Emeritus

Re: Bednar and wife share a good laugh at BYU day after suic

Post by _Gray Ghost »

Shulem wrote:
Gray Ghost wrote:I know you're trying to do a thing, but this is still very ghoulish.

What's ghoulish is how gay Mormons have been treated by the CULT for all these many years. That's what's ghoulish. And they have gotten away with it.

Fight fire with fire.

You're using some poor woman's suicide as a way of poking the church in the eye. It's ghoulish.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Gray Ghost wrote:You're using some poor woman's suicide as a way of poking the church in the eye. It's ghoulish.

What's ghoulish is shocking gay men in a torture chair in order to try and change their sexual orientation.

The church doesn't give a rat's ass about the tortured guy in the chair or the poor lesbian who jumped off the balcony.

I'd like to do more than just poke the church in the eye. I'd like to bash its head in and beat its brains out!

pray, pay, and obey
_mocnarf
_Emeritus

Post by _mocnarf »

Shulem wrote:
Bastard Apostle David A Bednar wrote:There are no homosexual members of the Church

This could be an accurate statement. It depends on how you define what makes a person a homosexual. I have talked to many individuals that say they are attracted to a same-sex person but they have not engaged in homosexual intimacies or any sexual activity. In my definition that is not a homosexual, that person is a celebrate, possibly a "Wantaby homosexual".
If you are an actual homosexual, having engaged in homosexual activity and have made that know to church leaders then you would be excommunicated and thus no longer a member of the Church. Therefore, the church does not have any homosexual members.
Aim at at nothing and you're sure to hit it.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

mocnarf wrote:
This could be an accurate statement. It depends on how you define what makes a person a homosexual. I have talked to many individuals that say they are attracted to a same-sex person but they have not engaged in homosexual intimacies or any sexual activity. In my definition that is not a homosexual, that person is a celebrate, possibly a "Wantaby homosexual".
If you are an actual homosexual, having engaged in homosexual activity and have made that know to church leaders then you would be excommunicated and thus no longer a member of the Church. Therefore, the church does not have any homosexual members.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. That's like telling a straight person they are not heterosexual just because they don't have sex or never have engaged in heterosexual sex.

Give me a break and don't insult my intelligence. Jesus Christ!

:evil:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

:evil:

Furthermore, you twit:

That's like telling closeted homosexual Mormons who don't actually commit physical sexual acts with other men that they are not real homosexuals although they commit sexual fantasies in their conscious minds or in their dreams at night.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Shulem wrote: dreams at night.

Wet dreams!

:twisted:
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

mocnarf wrote:
Bastard Apostle David A Bednar wrote:There are no homosexual members of the Church

'Homosexual' means "sexually attracted to people of one's own sex." Google it. Bednar was not accurate and you're simply wrong.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

mocnarf wrote:Blank could be an accurate statement. It depends on how you define blank.

Pure fekking genius, folks. :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Maksutov wrote:
mocnarf wrote:Blank could be an accurate statement. It depends on how you define blank.

Pure fekking genius, folks. :lol:

:lol:
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

Though I doubt it is the situation here - it brings to mind Law Enforcement photographed laughing over the dead body after a shootout. Laughing in relief after major stress is normal and doesn't mean they are laughing at a victim - but a photograph or video does not show context.

Bedbug did not even address the problem of the day - that is the real problem here. He could not change his prepared rant to address the reality on a campus that is known for denying it. He is way out of touch with what is needed, selfish in his own little world where he expects worship and instant obedience. He is not there to help.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert