QuitMormon.org Update

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: QuitMormon.org Update

Post by _Lemmie »

Is it possible that some exhausted ward clerk quietly sent in a few resignation requests for people on their (officially non-existent) Do Not Call Lists? Maybe for the ones that keep threatening them with harassment charges every time a new Bishop or a new set of missionaries decides to re-activate the "inactives"?
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Stem wrote:What I find most telling and interesting about this is the Church and Kirton McConkie wouldn't do anything about this if they weren't seeing an effect. It was said some time ago by Elder Cook, I believe, that the number of resignations haven't changed much and are a teeny tiny portion of the whole, so it's not big deal. Perhaps they are feeling more than that.

Even more important, it is WHO is resigning. Losing inactive, poor, non-productive members is fine. Losing Rich, White (and Delightsome), Mormon LDS The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints Corridor, Generational, Born in the Covenant, Republican members is the major concern. So yes, its time for the Mormon LDS The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints retained lawyers to get involved.

After all the tithing income of 1 Mormon LDS The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints family is worth more than 100,000 third world Mormon LDS The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints members
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_lostindc
_Emeritus

Post by _lostindc »

I get why QuitMormon.org is not a trustworthy source for resignations. It could be wrong but I believe as long as one has the following data below then resignations are submitted on their behalf.

Your full name (matching the church records)
Your birth date
Your address
If you know it, providing your membership number can assist in locating your membership record, but is NOT required
Your email address, so we can let you know the status on your resignation
If you are a minor, you will usually need signatures from both of parents (depending on custody)
https://quitmormon.com/faq

Is there data from quitmormon.com regarding how many submissions are potentially fake? We find notable spikes in resignation submissions during public disciplinary events and similar actions, I wonder how many submissions are fake and get dumped once reviewed? I imagine there's a chance of fake submissions during these actions in order to simulate a greater negative impact on the church.
2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

lostindc wrote:I get why QuitMormon.org is not a trustworthy source for resignations. It could be wrong but I believe as long as one has the following data below then resignations are submitted on their behalf.

Your full name (matching the church records)
Your birth date
Your address
If you know it, providing your membership number can assist in locating your membership record, but is NOT required
Your email address, so we can let you know the status on your resignation
If you are a minor, you will usually need signatures from both of parents (depending on custody)
https://quitmormon.com/faq

Is there data from quitmormon.com regarding how many submissions are potentially fake? We find notable spikes in resignation submissions during public disciplinary events and similar actions, I wonder how many submissions are fake and get dumped once reviewed? I imagine there's a chance of fake submissions during these actions in order to simulate a greater negative impact on the church.

I wonder if there is anyone here who has used QuitMormon.org to resign that can tell us if any attempt was made by either the website or the church to verify whether or not it was a fake submission?
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."