Bokovoy: Half of DCP's Pay Comes from the Maxwell Institute

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: Bokovoy: Half of DCP's Pay Comes from the Maxwell Instit

Post by _Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:If it's any consolation I thought he was talking about you, since he has interacted with you far more than he has the good Dr. W.

- Doc

Yeah. In the past he has referred to me using similar terms. It made the mistake fairly easy.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Folks, you can't make this stuff up.

Stewing in Anger Peterson wrote:One in particular, a dogmatic fellow with scientific pretensions who’s based in Florida (from which he’s been periodically spewing contempt for me for about eight or nine years now), pronounced what I wrote to be “childish.” He reserved his particular scorn, though, for the penultimate sentence of my column, which concluded by expressing the suspicion “that, in fact, the universe isn’t merely brute, mindless matter, but is suffused throughout with mind or consciousness."

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... verse.html

Dr. W writes an insightful comment regarding DCP's column in 2015 and DCP has been stewing in anger and boiling with contempt for the last 4 years!?

This is beyond belief. How can someone hold a grudge because of some imaginary slight 4 years ago? Folks, that's not normal. Not even close. It's a sure sign of mental instability and an obsessive compulsive disorder.

Unfortunately, we've all witnessed the abuse DCP has heaped upon his mortal frame for decades and disregarded the Church's counsel on how to live a healthy life. However, I really feel DCP's mental health is in much worse shape than his physical condition.

Maybe DCP can use this as a wake up call and go see a mental professional. It's not too late DCP.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

Kishkumen wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:If it's any consolation I thought he was talking about you, since he has interacted with you far more than he has the good Dr. W.

- Doc

Yeah. In the past he has referred to me using similar terms. It made the mistake fairly easy.
You can be forgiven I think, given his penchant for refusing to use names (either of people or places) to which he so vehemently disagrees with.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_Gray Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Gray Ghost »

Kishkumen wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Well, if you look at his latest blog entry he seems to be in fine form, Reverend.

I have no idea what that is about. I don’t recall writing those words. It would be odd if I did, given the fact that I am not an atheist but a pantheist and I do believe that mind penetrates the cosmos. Maybe I thought differently at the time? I don’t think my views have changed so considerably in 3 years. I do agree that he would see me as a person “spewing contempt” at him for 9 years. Maybe he can email me and show me these unkind words. I simply do not recall writing this.

If I did, I stand corrected. I agree with him, and I am not the least bit ashamed to admit error or agreement with someone with whom I often disagree.

I rarely encounter other pantheists online. This calls for the pantheist secret handshake!
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:Dr. W writes an insightful comment regarding DCP's column in 2015 and DCP has been stewing in anger and boiling with contempt for the last 4 years!?

This is beyond belief. How can someone hold a grudge because of some imaginary slight 4 years ago? Folks, that's not normal. Not even close. It's a sure sign of mental instability and an obsessive compulsive disorder.

Unfortunately, we've all witnessed the abuse DCP has heaped upon his mortal frame for decades and disregarded the Church's counsel on how to live a healthy life. However, I really feel DCP's mental health is in much worse shape than his physical condition.

Maybe DCP can use this as a wake up call and go see a mental professional. It's not too late DCP.

Mr. Pasterson like many Mormons past and present have their own individual Oaths of Vengience.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Pantheists of the cosmos unite!
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Johannes
_Emeritus

Post by _Johannes »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just don't see why this is a problem. If, say, a Presbyterian academic was paid by a Presbyterian college to write apologetic books and articles, no-one would care. Why is it any different with Dr Peterson? What's wrong with being paid to do apologetics? The only answer that I can think of is that it's to do with the Mormon opposition to a paid clergy. But apologetics plainly isn't a clerical function.
_Johannes
_Emeritus

Post by _Johannes »

Good heavens, Kishkumen, are you a Neoplatonist?
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Johannes wrote:Good heavens, Kishkumen, are you a Neoplatonist?

You say that as though that would be a bad thing!
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Johannes wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just don't see why this is a problem. If, say, a Presbyterian academic was paid by a Presbyterian college to write apologetic books and articles, no-one would care. Why is it any different with Dr Peterson? What's wrong with being paid to do apologetics? The only answer that I can think of is that it's to do with the Mormon opposition to a paid clergy. But apologetics plainly isn't a clerical function.

I’m with you, Johannes, but DCP has been pretty adamant about himself not being paid to do apologetics, as though it were something to be ashamed of. Of course, it’s really more the polemics against fellow LDS folk that would leave a bad taste in the mouths of many Mormons.