Pick and choose your Eternal Parents?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Pick and choose your Eternal Parents?

Post by _SuperDell »

Was sent to me - I don't have a reference link for it. Maybe someone on here will have it?
Is this caused by all the Resignations? Or maybe by the poor work done on Family Records?

Another CYA from the one, true farce:

Sealing to parents ordinance date listed with no parents' names
Information for Members
On the ordinance screen for an individual, a sealing to parents ordinance date can appear without the parents' names being listed. The most common reason for this is that the parents linked to the individual in Family Tree do not match the parents listed on the ordinance. Two other reasons may exist for the parents' names not being listed:

One or both of the parents linked to the ordinance have been removed from the child's record.
The parents linked to the ordinance cannot be displayed because of privacy rights.

The sealing to parents date represents a valid temple ordinance for the child. If an additional sealing to parents ordinance is shown without a completed date, please note that Church policy allows an individual to be sealed to multiple sets of parents. If the additional sealing shows "Request," see Ordinance request showing when sealing to parent ordinance already completed (53651).

If another completed sealing to parents ordinance date displays, this also represents a valid temple ordinance. If you have further questions about sealing ordinances, please see your ecclesiastical leader.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: Pick and choose your Eternal Parents?

Post by _Gadianton »

Independent of any paperwork, the belief that we “picked” that most Mormons have a testimony of, though I’m not sure if this one has a prophetic basis, is absurd. The chance that such a scheme would work out where everyone gets what they want is nil, but even if miraculously that part happened, free will in mortal life would be impossible.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Re: Pick and choose your Eternal Parents?

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I wanted Dave Chappelle to be my dad in the pre mortal realms but was born well before him. I'm still upset .... my momma slept with her lawyer, why? .... I think I need a backeotomy ...

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen