100,000 Missionaries Are Now Serving.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

100,000 Missionaries Are Now Serving.

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

According to President Holland, this will happen in the next few weeks:
http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?i ... type=CMSID

We are all on the cusp of witnessing a modern miracle and the power of revelation/prophecy from one of the Lord's Annointed.

Isn't it wonderful? Isn't it marvelous?
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: 100,000 Missionaries Are Now Serving.

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Service missionaries plus full-time plus Ward misionaries? And yes, I did read the article.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

/r/exmormon hit 100k this weekend.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

SteelHead wrote:/r/exmormon hit 100k this weekend.

I thought this OP was a hook to announce that.

Funny coinkidink.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:According to President Holland, this will happen in the next few weeks:
http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?i ... type=CMSID

We are all on the cusp of witnessing a modern miracle and the power of revelation/prophecy from one of the Lord's Annointed.

Isn't it wonderful? Isn't it marvelous?

He didn't say by the beginning of 2019.

I think he still has till March 4th of 2019 (the date he gave the interview in 2015) to be proven a true prophet.

:cool:
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

Luckily he put it as "We're projecting out probably within four years". He's really just putting this on people who did the projecting for him. I think anyone who knew anything about this knew that he was so far off when he said it 4 years ago, that we all jus saw it as a ridiculous ignorant claim. Either he's spouting off about something he knows nothing about, which is problematic, or something has gone so horribly wrong that we are now about 40,000 people under what was projected. I'd say the former.

Then again he was the one who got all animated in claiming they create double digit stakes each week, in describing his biggest problem of the Church growing too fast. That one seemed a little more of an intentional lie to me.
_malkie
_Emeritus

Post by _malkie »

Stem wrote:...
That one seemed a little more of an intentional lie to me.

Careful, Stem - look what's happening to Bill Reel.
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

I wonder if they are busily signing up all the waifs and strays that they deem unable to serve the full 18 month stretch, on to the new 6 month home-based sentence...they need about 35,000 of them by recent calculations....
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

This is nothing. Used to be in the Millions - with "every member a missionary".

Remember that one? David O. McKay - if my memory is correct.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert