David Bokovoy on Mormon Stories

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Simon Southerton
_Emeritus

Re: David Bokovoy on Mormon Stories

Post by _Simon Southerton »

RockSlider wrote:I personally dislike the nuanced religion and it's neo-apologetics. In listening to David I wonder if his, what appears to me as, super nuance is basically just a philosophical layer to try and add meaning to our evolved morals and reason.

Nuanced Mormonism makes me want to puke too. I think a large part of David's problem is his enormous sunk cost in Mormonism. He has invested a huge amount of effort in becoming a very respectable scholar and has a wide circle of TBM and nuanced friends. But who knows. He's made huge strides in the last 2 years. Maybe with a few more Rusty revelations he will make the final leap.
LDS apologetics --> "It's not the crime, it's the cover-up, which creates the scandal."
"Bigfoot is a crucial part of the ecosystem, if he exists. So let's all help keep Bigfoot possibly alive for future generations to enjoy, unless he doesn't exist." - Futurama
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Re: David Bokovoy on Mormon Stories

Post by _RockSlider »

Simon Southerton wrote:Nuanced Mormonism makes me want to puke too. I think a large part of David's problem is his enormous sunk cost in Mormonism. He has invested a huge amount of effort in becoming a very respectable scholar and has a wide circle of TBM and nuanced friends. But who knows. He's made huge strides in the last 2 years. Maybe with a few more Rusty revelations he will make the final leap.

There is another possibility which might be the actual case. He has no reasons to burn any bridges and perhaps got his message out loud and clear without doing so.