Eric Hawkins gets destroyed in this interview

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Re: Eric Hawkins gets destroyed in this interview

Post by _Meadowchik »

Sanctorian wrote:I love how he would mansplain to this woman and “make sure (she) understood” why she felt the way she felt. :rolleyes:

A big giant WHOOSH right over his head.

Women are explaining how being alone in a room with a man who thinks it is appropriate to talk about her sexuality and a man thinks he can make it all better by getting alone with her and talking about it.
_Sanctorian
_Emeritus

Post by _Sanctorian »

Meadowchik wrote:
Sanctorian wrote:I love how he would mansplain to this woman and “make sure (she) understood” why she felt the way she felt. :rolleyes:

A big giant WHOOSH right over his head.

Women are explaining how being alone in a room with a man who thinks it is appropriate to talk about her sexuality and a man thinks he can make it all better by getting alone with her and talking about it.

Exactly. It’s amazing she didn’t say f- off right then and there. She gave way more respect than the church deserved to get in that moment.
I'm a Ziontologist. I self identify as such.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Sanctorian wrote:Exactly. It’s amazing she didn’t say f- off right then and there. She gave way more respect than the church deserved to get in that moment.

I think that, generally, casual listeners will be attuned to the ridiculousness of his response.
_Craig Paxton
_Emeritus

Post by _Craig Paxton »

I will give the church this point...at least they are consistent. They will never under any circumstances admit to having made any mistakes even when obvious mistakes have been made. A$$ Holes
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Rational Faiths is producing a response to this TAL episode and the subject of bishops' interviews. In fact they are inviting submissions of personal experiences:
https://rationalfaiths.com/mormon-women ... de-16-318/
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

It's not surprising the church never apologizes. Hawkins is just doing his job. Admitting mistakes lessens the fake authority it has over its dupes and it cannot risk that. More would realize the con after an admission and tithing revenues would drop. Sure, its leaders will reluctantly admit that mistakes might have been made in the past, but ask where "mistakes of men" are occurring today and the Mo's will go silent, doing the fallibilty/infallibility two step.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen