Do it again, MDB (I dare you)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Do it again, MDB (I dare you)

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Hello Friends,

I'm writing to you at 4 a.m. I've been processing after a long day of sorting through an appointment that I had today.

I'm not the only one awake tonight. I'm not the only one processing.

Imagine yourself a young mother preparing dinner while waiting for your husband to come home. You look out the kitchen window and see a wall of flames coming over the hill on a straight path to your house. You have less than 5 minutes to shut off the stove, grab your purse and get in the car and flee...with your baby. You drive away, not knowing exactly where you are going, into bumper to bumper traffic on a road bordered on both sides by fire.

That's what has happened in California. As a result of the most destructive wildfires on record, evacuees who fled their homes are searching for a place to stay, food and comfort.

And somewhere mothers with infants are without diapers.

Diapers are not typically part of disaster relief packages. Formula, clothing, food, and water will come. Diapers are a little harder to come by.

A year ago this board donated diapers/money to victims of Hurricane Harvey.

viewtopic.php?p=1075332#p1075332

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46960&hilit=diapers

Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization in California that is working as I type this to get diapers and other necessities into the hands of parents to meet the needs of young children.

Here's their announcement on instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp-giJolSEr/

Here's the website:

http://baby2baby.org/

Do it again, MDB. Take your Starbucks money and throw it at Baby2Baby and let's get those little baby bottoms clean and covered.

I flippin' dare you.

Jersey
:-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Do it again, MormonDiscussions.com (I dare you)

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Beautiful! THANK YOU for alerting this to us. We shall do.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Do it again, MDB (I dare you)

Post by _Jersey Girl »

That's great, Philo Sofee. I'm sure we all have a few bucks to spare for the effort.
Chinese Proverb
_Chadillac
_Emeritus

Post by _Chadillac »

Thank you for posting this. Just this last weekend my wife and I were talking about how we can find a family to serve this Holiday season. You've inspired our family to do a bake sale this weekend and all of our proceeds will go to help families affected by the California wildfires.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Chadillac wrote:Thank you for posting this. Just this last weekend my wife and I were talking about how we can find a family to serve this Holiday season. You've inspired our family to do a bake sale this weekend and all of our proceeds will go to help families affected by the California wildfires.

That's so cool of you all, Chad!

I like to promote the diaper campaigns for infants, young children and adults who require them. These aren't usually part of disaster relief packages and boy, are they ever needed!

Your family will be greatly blessed by their efforts and if children are involved, they'll repeat the practice of giving as they grow to adulthood and pass it on to their own childen.

Goes around, comes around.
:-)
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

by the way, I haven't seen any mention of older child or adult diapers being addressed. If I do, I will add it here. I dunno about anyone else but I always think--5 bucks is 5 bucks--and if a hundred people chip it in...that's hellalot of diapers!

If folks are able to contribute more, all the better. Can you all imagine having this need with no way to meet it? Pretty darn urgent if you ask me.

There but for the grace of God go us, people. Or FSM or Bob or whatever it is you believe. It could still be any of us.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Being a wildfire survivor, I got to thinking about medical masks and found this.

https://www.directrelief.org/emergency/ ... wildfires/
Chinese Proverb