Church Statement on Local Celebrations, Including Pageants

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Church Statement on Local Celebrations, Including Pagean

Post by _Shulem »

reflexzero wrote:It smells like... cutbacks.

Church leaders have set themselves up so that they have no accountability to the tithe paying members other than to get up and make general statements that all is well and that funds are accounted for. How strange or odd indeed it would be if the leaders were to stand up and bring to the attention of the church that there are some serious financial conditions now facing the church and that cutbacks are now in order. Nope, this isn't going to happen because church leaders have created a mindset and image of not telling the members what's really going on. This has been going on for generations, more or less. painting a rosy picture is what the church does to build faith.

It could well be that getting rid of the pageants will free up funds which can be used or diverted elsewhere. I think a telltale sign that the church is having a hard time keeping up with expenses is when they sell off land holdings, especially in Florida. Watch for whole sections of land being sold. This will be an indicator that the church is having to tap into its resources to keep up the current façade. Building temples and maintaining them is going to be very difficult to continue. But the church owns a lot of property so they will be able to carry on for quite some time. But the writing is on the wall. Mormonism is in decline and that means donations are as well.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Monson left a mess. I'll put an end to it and get things right. I never did like those pageants.

* * * No More Mormon * * *
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!!

I now see that a losing season for BYU athletics is part of the plan to end the programs (Football, Basketball, Track and Field, etc.). As seen on the message boards the "fans" of BYU are questioning everything associated with the 7-6 loss to NIU. Some even saying that "maybe it's time to get rid of the Football program".

It is evident now that the BYU Athletic Department has been instructed to lose as many times as possible, that way when Nelson ends sports in the Mormon church all together, the BYU fans will be blamed. Brilliant.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

You will know Big Nellie has gone too far when he bans Jell-O. That is when The Saints will be sorely tried.

Now, if he comes out and says putting carrot shavings in Jell-O is of the Devil then we will know he truly is a Prophet of God.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

reflexzero wrote:Does these mean they are going to quit those Golden Calf... err I mean Youth Temple Celebration stadium shows before they open each temple?

Yeah, I got that sense when I endured a pageant.
Am I the only one who thought it disrespectful or at least cheesy to try to impersonate Jesus coming down from the sky? It’s like trying to act out a spiritual experience - just doesn’t do it justice.

Though, the entire church’s name is in vain (they don’t follow Christ in action financially). The last part, “of latter day” is based on Heaven’s Reward cognitive distortion. Jesus couldn’t have been more clear when asked when the kingdom of God would come & he said, “The kingdom of God cometh not with observation, Neither shall they say, lo here or lo there. For behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” -Luke 17:20-21

Still, I wish road shows were back. I suppose wards could always do it on their own - but less likely. I think a lot of cut backs may be to save money. If they were helping the poor more, I’d be glad - but they aren’t - they still rob the poor of tithes.