Priesthood is Supposed to be Used, Not Just Talked About

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Priesthood is Supposed to be Used, Not Just Talked About

Post by _Shulem »

Revelation of Jesus Christ D&C 84:4 wrote:Verily this is the word of the Lord, that the city New Jerusalem shall be built by the gathering of the saints, beginning at this place, even the place of the temple, which temple shall be reared in this generation.

No! Not going to happen.

Mormon jesus, you are wrong. A temple will NOT be built in Jackson County in this generation and neither will there be a cloud over it and your glory will not be present. It will not happen. Your words and your command is empty. It's meaningless because it will not happen. You, Mormon jesus, have not seen the future. You have given a command to your saints that will not take place. You have filled their minds and hearts with false hopes and you simply don't know what you're talking about. Shut the hell up, Mormon jesus. You're an idiot and I rebuke you!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Revelation of Jesus Christ D&C 84:4,5 wrote:Verily this is the word of the Lord, that the city New Jerusalem shall be built by the gathering of the saints, beginning at this place, even the place of the temple, which temple shall be reared in this generation. For verily this generation shall not all pass away until an house shall be built unto the Lord, and a cloud shall rest upon it, which cloud shall be even the glory of the Lord, which shall fill the house.

FAIR Mormon wrote:This was not a prophecy, but a command from God to build the temple. There’s a difference. Jesus said people should repent; just because many didn’t doesn’t make Him a false messenger, simply a messenger that fallible people didn’t heed.

Not a prophecy? What, are you in total denial? Mormon jesus surely did prophesy in his revelation to Joseph Smith. This is prophecy, it just turned out to be a false prophecy and so Mormons today are stuck trying to find excuses to explain it away. How pathetic!

"Verily this is the word of the Lord"

"shall be built"

"shall be reared"

"in this generation"

"an house shall be built"

"a cloud shall rest upon it"

"even the glory of the Lord"

No, this will not happen!!
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

For a while I went round and round with a friend about the church. It was very civil and friendly. He had been a very kind support to us during the religious trauma that preceeded our disaffection. He's heard enough to be skeptical if his was a rational process. In the end, he had brushed shoulders with the Q15 and for reasons he cannot detail, he knows "these men are called of God."

Warm and squishy unverifiable feelings trump all, Shulem. That's the whole point. They trump all, because the whole point is to have the squishy feelings. So if you don't know how to get them outside religion, it's all you have.

Personally, I prefer to generate the warm squishies in a variety of non-obligatory ways. Here are several (child-friendly, lest there is doubt) examples:

Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r6A2NexF88
The Joke, by Brandi Carlile

Visual Art:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/ ... d_finally/
A redditor sharing her husband's painting

Nature:

Remembering the Past:
Rosebank cemetary in Edinburgh

History:
Bamburgh Castle

Add friends, family, trying to be kind, attending educational seminars, and writing, and this is stuff that has fulfilled me within the last two weeks. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have nearly as much time, energy, or interest in these worthwhile projects if I were busy following the Priesthood in order to feel good about life.