Using the term ?????Mormon????? is a victory for Satan

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Using the term “Mormon” is a victory for Satan

Post by _moksha »

I don't like the thought that we have disguised ourselves and dare not speak the name we have used so many times before.

Being a prophetic, entrepreneurial, and obedient people seems sufficient without adding camouflaged as well.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Gordon B. Hinckley wrote:Mormon Should Mean “More Good” . . . . We may not be able to change the nickname, but we can make it shine with added luster. . . . To the degree that we accomplish these Church-fostered goals Mormon means “more good.”. . . . This remarkable choir seated behind me is known across the world as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. . . . I testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that when people speak of us by the name of this book, they will compliment us, if we will live worthy of the name, remembering that in a very real sense Mormonism must mean that greater good which the Lord Jesus Christ exemplified. I so pray in His holy name, even the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

You're wrong!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

President Benson must be rolling in his grave after what Nelson has done. Nelson is going to cause the church to split apart.

A Mormon Boy - Ezra Taft Benson - April 1989 General Conference