Feel My Promptings

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Feel My Promptings

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Are you seeking truth wherever it may lie?

This weekend, you can feel My promptings.

Prepare yourself. Begin fasting Friday by missing the midday meal. Pray fervently to open your hearts and your minds.

Listen to the conference. Contemplate what each speaker says, what his message is.

Then get down on your knees, pray. Only stop and break your fast once you have a warm, confirming feeling envelope you or you are stumped, left with a stupor of thought.

Come back here and report your experience. Proclaim your experience. It is your testimony. Bare it.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Feel My Promptings

Post by _I have a question »

Hello H, thanks for taking time away from helping people find lost car keys and the like.
Holy Ghost wrote:Are you seeking truth wherever it may lie?
How can truth lie?
Just this weekend?
Prepare yourself. Begin fasting Friday by missing the midday meal.
Surely that's counter productive and introduces other potential sources of sensation, such as light headedness, hunger, low blood sugars etc? Shouldn't we actually be well fed and settled so as to be able to clearly restrict potential spurious feelings?
Pray fervently to open your hearts and your minds.
Again, sorry for being picky, but wouldn't the pressure to pray fervently actually cloud your mind even further, rather than being relaxed and serene?
Listen to the conference. Contemplate what each speaker says, what his message is.
Do we do that before, or after the rewrites?
Then get down on your knees, pray.
Why do we need to be kneeled, again forcing other distractions such as joint pain, compressing our stomachs etc? Surely the best way to pray is to be cosseted in a lazy boy with a chilled Chardonnay?
Only stop and break your fast once you have a warm, confirming feeling envelope you or you are stumped, left with a stupor of thought.
Talk about covering all the bases....what if you aren't sure wether or not you're having a stupor of thought or just a bit of doubt? What if the warm comforting feeling is just the air conditioning kicking in to the right room temperature? What if you are actually at Conference - wouldn't kneeling people get in the way of people entering or exiting the auditorium? Why don't the people who pray at Conference kneel to pray?
Come back here and report your experience. Proclaim your experience. It is your testimony. Bare it.
Okay....but I don't think you're gonna like it...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

I have a question wrote:Hello H, thanks for taking time away from helping people find lost car keys and the like.
Holy Ghost wrote:Are you seeking truth wherever it may lie?
How can truth lie?
Just this weekend?
Prepare yourself. Begin fasting Friday by missing the midday meal.
Surely that's counter productive and introduces other potential sources of sensation, such as light headedness, hunger, low blood sugars etc? Shouldn't we actually be well fed and settled so as to be able to clearly restrict potential spurious feelings?
You must prepare yourself to be receptive to the promptings.
Now that medical science understands, We work in less mysterious ways. But still they are Our ways.
I have a question wrote:
Pray fervently to open your hearts and your minds.
Again, sorry for being picky, but wouldn't the pressure to pray fervently actually cloud your mind even further, rather than being relaxed and serene?
Hey, 'nick. Chicken or egg? The relaxed serenity after praying fervently is the prompting. If you were already serene, how would you notice My prompting you with serenity?
I have a question wrote:
Do we do that before, or after the rewrites?
Before.
You never felt My promptings about the re-shot video of Poelman, did you?
I have a question wrote:
Then get down on your knees, pray.
Why do we need to be kneeled, again forcing other distractions such as joint pain, compressing our stomachs etc? Surely the best way to pray is to be cosseted in a lazy boy with a chilled Chardonnay?
Wine on an empty, fasting stomach and after much prayer does help 'grease the skids' for you to accept My promptings. A nice sherry would work just as well.
I have a question wrote:
Only stop and break your fast once you have a warm, confirming feeling envelope you or you are stumped, left with a stupor of thought.
Talk about covering all the bases....what if you aren't sure wether or not you're having a stupor of thought or just a bit of doubt? What if the warm comforting feeling is just the air conditioning kicking in to the right room temperature? What if you are actually at Conference - wouldn't kneeling people get in the way of people entering or exiting the auditorium? Why don't the people who pray at Conference kneel to pray?
Better to do all this while watching TV at your home. At conference, prayers are talks, not really requests for confirmation from Me. Drink more wine before breaking your fast. Keeping drinking the wine until you have confidently discerned my prompting.
I have a question wrote:
Okay....but I don't think you're gonna like it...
You might be surprised.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_I have a question
_Emeritus

My promptings were along the lines of - the Church is led by out of touch buffoons who think members have the brain capacity of six year olds and are ripe for being taken for a ride. Once I'd concluded that, I experienced a warm, confirming feeling envelope me.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

I have a question wrote:My promptings were along the lines of - the Church is led by out of touch buffoons who think members have the brain capacity of six year olds and are ripe for being taken for a ride. Once I'd concluded that, I experienced a warm, confirming feeling envelope me.

You listened. You studied it in your mind. Then you prayed earnestly. You received confirmation that they are out of touch buffoons who think members have the brain capacity of six year olds and are ripe for being taken for a ride.

Have your empirical observations in the weeks since confirmed this further or been contrary to confirmation you received?
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Holy Ghost wrote:
I have a question wrote:My promptings were along the lines of - the Church is led by out of touch buffoons who think members have the brain capacity of six year olds and are ripe for being taken for a ride. Once I'd concluded that, I experienced a warm, confirming feeling envelope me.

You listened. You studied it in your mind. Then you prayed earnestly. You received confirmation that they are out of touch buffoons who think members have the brain capacity of six year olds and are ripe for being taken for a ride.

Have your empirical observations in the weeks since confirmed this further or been contrary to confirmation you received?

There's only been evidence in favour of my confirmation.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

And, so it is. Evidence does not contradict My true promptings.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Holy Ghost wrote:you can feel My promptings....Bare it.

that's what she said