Bednar, your parents splitting up is because they're lazy.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Bednar, your parents splitting up is because they're lazy.

Post by _I have a question »

Other times he perceived questions that members may have, such as a moment with nearly 800 missionaries in a Mexico Missionary Training Center devotional. Elder Bednar counseled about the devastation some young people have as they watch parents struggle to honor their temple-marriage covenants.
“These young people think to themselves, ‘If marriage did not work for my mom and dad, who were sealed in the temple, how is it going to work for me?’ ” said Elder Bednar.

https://www.ldschurchnews.com/leaders-a ... life-47962
Really? That's a key question in the minds of 800 missionaries? Or is he setting up a question he wants to answer?

He answered with a pointed message: “You do not find the marriage you hope to have, you create it. As an agent, you create the relationship, the family, and the happiness you hope to have.”
What does that even mean to 800 missionaries? If your parents split up it's because they didn't act as agents and create the relationship, the family, the happiness? I think he's being sneaky here. Mormon Temple sealed marriages tend to hit the rocks when one or other of the partners discover the truth and change their belief about the Church and the other partner makes a change of belief a deal breaker. He's talking out of his expensively clad ass.

“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Bednar, your parents splitting up is because they're laz

Post by _Lemmie »

Why is Bednar always stand8ng so close and getting so touchy-feely with the people he calls up? Its very uncomfortable to look at, let alone how it must feel to experience it.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Lemmie wrote:Why is Bednar always stand8ng so close and getting so touchy-feely with the people he calls up? Its very uncomfortable to look at, let alone how it must feel to experience it.

Holland does the same thing. Maybe this is an outgrowth of the frustration they must feel in waging a losing battle?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I point my finger at you, admonish you, condemn or bless you, and everything is on the condition that you obey the apostles & prophets as if they are the Lord speaking to you -- and above all, do not masturbate or the Lord's blessings are revoked and you have no promise.

The power of the cult -- evil Bednar
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Say goodbye to Shulem. I'm leaving the terrestrial board and going down below where I belong.

Goodbye everybody.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Shulem wrote:Say goodbye to Shulem. I'm leaving the terrestrial board and going down below where I belong.

Goodbye everybody.

It's not a good-bye! I read your posts regardless of where someone else thinks they should belong, so don't feel like you are alone. :cool:
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Shulem wrote:Say goodbye to Shulem. I'm leaving the terrestrial board and going down below where I belong.

Goodbye everybody.

Shulem, life had just begun. And now you've gone and thrown it all away.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Shulem, I will still read your posts wherever you are on this board. I am always reminded of your thread about Jesus' blood sacrifice. I loved the picture of Pope Benedict and blood coming down from his mouth as well as the other blood themed posts on that thread. That was a classic.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

"Do you feel holy? Well, do you, Punk?"Image
Courtesy of Warner Bros.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Lemmie wrote:Why is Bednar always stand8ng so close and getting so touchy-feely with the people he calls up? Its very uncomfortable to look at, let alone how it must feel to experience it.

Can you imagine what he was like behind closed doors with the youth giving them personal worthiness interviews?!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."