New Sphinx proves it's all true

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

New Sphinx proves it's all true

Post by _moksha »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/stunning-sphinx-discovered-at-ancient-egyptian-temple/ar-BBNsqm5?

Archaeologists have discovered a stunning sphinx statue at an ancient temple in southern Egypt.

The sandstone statue was discovered during a project to reduce groundwater at Kom Ombo temple in Aswan.

The statue likely dates back to the Ptolemaic period between 305 B.C. and 30 B.C., according to Dr. Mostafa Waziri, general secretary of Egypt’s Supreme Council of Antiquities. In a Facebook post, Waziri explained that the statue was found in the south-eastern side of the temple where two sandstone reliefs of King Ptolemy V were discovered two months ago.

The entrance to the Sphinx contains a well-preserved panel showing a beehive which displayed one King and High Priest Bee surrounded by female bees from other hives, as well as many immature female worker bees. The archeologists are busy trying to piece together what this symbolism meant to the ancient builders of this newly discovered Sphinx.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: New Sphinx proves it's all true

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I wonder if the King's name is above his head in hieroglyphics?
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Maybe facsimile 3 isn't the smoking gun after all?????

Naw, it's still nonsense.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:I wonder if the King's name is above his head in hieroglyphics?

I heard that. :wink:

Seriously though, the FACT that there is no king's name in the characters above the head is PROOF that Joseph Smith didn't know how to read the most fundamental elements of the Egyptian language. A king's name enclosed in the sacred Cartouche was a declaration and expression of his ability to live on for eternity. Joseph Smith didn't know that and neither did Oliver Cowdery his learned sidekick.

The FACT that Joseph Smith misidentified/mistranslated the concept of an Egyptian king's name is proof that his Egyptian translation under the direct revelation of his Holy Ghost was a shame. To say otherwise is to deny the truth or to deny the light when it's shining right in one's face. that, my friend, is the very concept of being a son of perdition, which all Mormons are to some degree because they constantly lie to themselves to maintain their silly testimonies.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Need I say that the face on this Sphinx is ugly! What an ugly duckling. What a travesty to Egyptian art. Who wants to look at that sorry face? Not me.

This Sphinx's face is a cross between Joseph Smith and his ugly brother, Hyrum. Or perhaps it was the original Joseph who was sold into Egypt by his brothers.

Oh my gawd. The Book of Abraham might really be true.

:lol:
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Post by _spotlight »

The sinking ship of Mormonism would like to purchase this
for the head in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

For Joseph truly testified, saying: A seer shall the Lord my God raise up, who shall be a choice seer unto the fruit of my loins.

A Voice from the dust, behold I am Joseph.

_spotlight
_Emeritus

Post by _spotlight »

What might Joseph have looked like if he had lived to be old? If so many men didn't have a bone to pick with him because their wives or daughters picked his? If he hadn't been a martyr for the flaming macuahuitl?

Ready to be married to a 12 year old. "The past is a foreign country."
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee
_Tom
_Emeritus

Post by _Tom »

moksha wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/stunning-sphinx-discovered-at-ancient-egyptian-temple/ar-BBNsqm5?

Archaeologists have discovered a stunning sphinx statue at an ancient temple in southern Egypt.

The sandstone statue was discovered during a project to reduce groundwater at Kom Ombo temple in Aswan.

The statue likely dates back to the Ptolemaic period between 305 B.C. and 30 B.C., according to Dr. Mostafa Waziri, general secretary of Egypt’s Supreme Council of Antiquities. In a Facebook post, Waziri explained that the statue was found in the south-eastern side of the temple where two sandstone reliefs of King Ptolemy V were discovered two months ago.

The entrance to the Sphinx contains a well-preserved panel showing a beehive which displayed one King and High Priest Bee surrounded by female bees from other hives, as well as many immature female worker bees. The archeologists are busy trying to piece together what this symbolism meant to the ancient builders of this newly discovered Sphinx.

Intriguing find. I should note that Dr. Peterson discovered a very attractive Sp[h]inx near the shore of the Provo River sometime during the 1970s during his watershed apprenticeship with Cruise Lady. (Dr. Peterson helped write, and starred in, several promotional films for Cruise Lady.)
“A scholar said he could not read the Book of Mormon, so we shouldn’t be shocked that scholars say the papyri don’t translate and/or relate to the Book of Abraham. Doesn’t change anything. It’s ancient and historical.” ~ Hanna Seariac
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

It's Joseph Smith Sr! :surprised:

Facsimile No. 4

A prophecy from the fruit of the loins, even Joseph Smith written in the characters of the stelae.