John Dehlin Strikes Again!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Re: John Dehlin Strikes Again!

Post by _Stem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
He's paid a small stipend!

- Doc

I"m pretty sure you mean "a modest stipend"
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

cwald wrote:
reflexzero wrote:I’d volunteer 10 bucks for John Larsen to do a 3 episode mini-series of recent Morg events since he retired, because I have 10 bucks and it would interest me.

I would to.

I wasn't trying to be overly critical of Dehlin necessarily. Just agreeing that he asks for donations to support a billboard promoting his non profit organization career. Fine. If people want to give some bucks because they find value in his product, no skin off my hide. I threw some money John Larsen's way, and I would gladly do it again. I'm a patron subscriber to Last Podcast on the Left. Worth every cent I spend, and people as talented as Larsen and the LPOTL guys like Zebrowski, Parks and Kissel deserve to get paid for their service and products. I will keep giving as long as they produce quality entertainment/podcasts. If folks think Dehlin deserves a donation, then get your check book out. Personally, I'm not going to.

However, I will become a platinum member if Rosebud changes her mind and goes on Mormon Stories for an interview.

I really am sure you haven't considered this and that you mean no harm.....

... but John Dehlin is in great debt to me. Talking about giving him money for something I might do is insulting to me. Events in my life that began with his financial exploitation of me have led me down a long road of extreme financial issues related not only to John's treatment of me financially, but to my ex using John to extort me in the divorce I'm 2015 and then financial problems related to the issues I had because my previous boss would not give me a positive recommendation and was trying to dox me to ruin my future employability.

The legal records resulting from John's harassment are miles long and the current (temporary) outcome is that I am literally 390K in debt. I will never have to pay that amount and things could suddenly change to my great financial benefit, too (long story, but the court and attorney general records are publicly available).

Anyway, the financial devastation is beyond my wildest imagination of what was possible in 2010 when I first came into contact with John. His recent Open Stories Foundation sexual harassment guide the Open Stories Foundation had a professional write sure had it correct regarding the longterm harms that come to the victims. Just wow.

Anyway, please don't unwittingly insult me by writing about offering John more money for anything more that I do. Men aren't the only people who have to pay bills or support children. The harm he has done is extreme. He doesn't get donations for having anything further to do with me. He's very selfish. He'd never compensate me adequately.
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

And Lemmie, since you're making guesses about when I feel emotional as I post and when I don't, the long term financial harm that has come to me and my children as a result of John is something I do feel very emotional about. That was an emotional post. The idea of anyone donating to John for anything more that I do is enough to make me literally gag. That doesn't also mean I'm not rational (or logical, as you put it), it would be irrational for me to not be upset about what has happened. In this case, the rational (and logical) place to be is the emotional one.

Horrifying.

Emotions are not the opposite of rationality and logic. That's Star Trek land.
(Rationality and logic are brought up in the context of emotion in this post because I was just writing about this subject to Lemmie in the Sam excommunication thread where she assumed my arguements were emotional because they seem illogical to her.)
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Rosebud wrote:And Lemmie, since you're making guesses about when I feel emotional as I post and when I don't,

:lol: No I'm not, but how very passive-aggressive of you!
Rosebud wrote:
(Rationality and logic are brought up in the context of emotion in this post because I was just writing about this subject to Lemmie in the Sam excommunication thread where she assumed my arguements were emotional because they seem illogical to her.)
:lol: :lol: if you're going to run to another thread to passive-aggressively whine about another person, at least get your facts straight.
what Lemmie actually wrote:Maybe I am not understanding your language, but your response seems overly emotional and based on feelings, rather than on a logical thinking through of the situation.
viewtopic.php?p=1144994#p1144994
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

I really am sure you haven't considered this and that you mean no harm..... ... but John Dehlin is in great debt to me. Talking about giving him money for something I might do is insulting to me.

I meant no harm.

Still...

You choose to be insulted. I think you should take your own advice that you gave Lemmie. It goes kind of like this, "You being insulted about what I say, says more about you then me..."

The legal records resulting from John's harassment are miles long and the current (temporary) outcome is that I am literally 390K in debt. I will never have to pay that amount and things could suddenly change to my great financial benefit, too (long story, but the court and attorney general records are publicly available).

Well, I don't believe you to be honest. Where are they available at? Provide a link or some documents. If you would like to provide those records for us, I will look them over. Otherwise, all I have is your word to go on.

His recent Open Stories Foundation sexual harassment guide the Open Stories Foundation had a professional write sure had it correct regarding the longterm harms that come to the victims. Just wow.

This I believe. I have no doubt you were a victim and hurt emotionally from your relationship with Dehlin.

Anyway, please don't unwittingly insult me by writing about offering John more money for anything more that I do.

You're joking here, right? Satire? You really think I'm going to refrain from commenting because I might "unwittingly" insult you? If posters here have to walk on pins and needles worried about "unwittingly" insulting Rosebud in John Dehlin thread, we may as well shut this board down.

I'm going to take this as a joke or offhanded comment in jest. Hopefully you are not serious about this. And I will even double down and say I"m not kidding. I would pay a fee to listen to an MS podcast, or any podcast, where you and John go head-to-head. I would love to hear you confront him and call him out for his behavior, and I would love to hear his responses and defense of all your accusations you have made here on this board. And yeah, I would pay to hear it.

...He'd never compensate me adequately.

Yeah. I believe you. He would not.

Maybe you should start your own podcast and have John on for an interview, and I then I will send the money directly to you?
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson