639 Resignations today

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: 639 Resignations today

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Shulem wrote:Those were happy times. That was a happy state of mind. It's wonderful to be doing it all over again.

I know this is the value for me. I like to see other people experience what I went through, but this time with love, understanding, and support. It's a HUGE difference resigning in 2018 via quitmormon.org after the Sam Young thing versus sending a letter to Church hq in 2001 wondering if you're just a part of a small group of apostates. I would've loved to have been part of a protest moment when the Church literally denied the redemptive power of Christ to children, or overtly protects child molesters and rapists, thus throwing children to the wolves again.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Dantana
_Emeritus

Post by _Dantana »

Rosebud wrote:
Dantana wrote:Ya know what would really suck - to not resign (like me) because you care about resigning from the church about as much as you care about resigning your unrequested fingerhut account. But then, to be taken out in an 'end days' scenario by the 'roving bands of bad guys' with their 'lists of Mormons'.

lol... I've had that thought before, too. Maybe Mormonism really will be the death of me.

I think we probably don't need to worry too much, any lists of morms the bad guys get their hands on will certainly be as corrupt and indecipherable (long dead folks still on the rolls, etc.) as it is now, they will give up....Maybe go after the J.W.'s
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Shulem wrote:Those were happy times. That was a happy state of mind. It's wonderful to be doing it all over again.

I know this is the value for me. I like to see other people experience what I went through, but this time with love, understanding, and support. It's a HUGE difference resigning in 2018 via quitmormon.org after the Sam Young thing versus sending a letter to Church hq in 2001 wondering if you're just a part of a small group of apostates. I would've loved to have been part of a protest moment when the Church literally denied the redemptive power of Christ to children, or overtly protects child molesters and rapists, thus throwing children to the wolves again.

- Doc

Couldn’t agree more. I quit pre internet and had no contact with any former Mormons for years. The experience was extremely isolating. It would have been a tremendous help to be able to share notes with others who were having a similar experience.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951