2020 is the year

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: 2020 is the year

Post by _Shulem »

grindael wrote:You self described yourself as a weasel, so that's what I'm calling you now. Weasel.

:lol:

Weasel!

Weasel!!

Weasel!!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

mentalgymnast

Weasel

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

:lol:
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

grindael wrote:Actually, you admitted you WOULD BE called that AND said "so be it", so you were ok with it. So now you're whining. And you never asked me to stop calling you what you, yourself, said you would be called. You made snide remarks to me like I was on "the dark side" and called me a "groupie", "frothing at the mouth", etc. So you can do all that, but I'm only doing what you said you were ok with:

I know I will be called a weasel, or the like, by some folks for taking this position. So be it. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49802&p=1141100&hilit=weasel#p1141100

Self proclaimed weasel and ok with it. You knew you were being a weasel, that is why you knew you'd be called one. I'm ok with that too, weasel.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

FOR CLARITY,

mentalgymnast wrote:One person's "magic rock" is another person's translation device 'powered up' by the gift and power of God. Yes, I know, that is a real stretch to go there. Adding on the story of plates and the fact that they're nowhere to be seen as evidence of a translation compounds the problem.

I'm repeating what you've already said, but I think we should make it clear that believers also have to get past this hurdle without losing sleep at night. And it's not a "leetle" thing to make it to that point. There may be some sleepless nights along the way.

Dr. Shades wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:Here’s what I say: welcome to the real world. I would have greater respect for people who toughen up and deal with their magic rocks and not whine about it. Show some goddammed faith and grow a pair. If you have problem with magic rocks, then don’t read the Book of Mormon. Brother of Jared, omg! If you don’t want gold plates and kooky doctrines, go join the Presbyterians or become an atheist.

But for the love of all that is good and holy, don’t whine or blubber about how unfair it is that some people think your beliefs are stupid. Because guess what? Your beliefs are stupid. Now own them. Fully. I’m not going to do you the disservice of letting you weasel out of them, or join the buffet line of weenie pseudo-Mormons. Say, “I know he’s not Shulem but he is to me. I believe it.”

There are people who go out looking for unpopular churches with stupid beliefs just to be radical. Now THAT I can respect. The runny noses and wet eyes because someone said I have a different Jesus makes me sick. You do have a different Jesus. If you didn’t, what would be the goddamned point? You should say, “My Jesus is different and he’s better than yours.”

Quoted for truth!

My gosh, Kishkumen, there's so much that's signature-line worthy in your post. Thank you for this, and I agree with every word 100%!

You are a weasel and Shades agrees... :lol:
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.