From ?????Examples of dishonesty in 'Saints'?????

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

From “Examples of dishonesty in 'Saints'”

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Re: Examples of dishonesty in “Saints”

Post by _grindael »

I'm sure the weasel can chime in here, since dishonesty is second nature to him.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Well does one really know what Joseph Smith said, ever? No one today was there and his scribes were obviously an inventive bunch .... also, as george costanza says, "it isn't a lie as long as you believe it."
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I mean. You have an object lesson in dishonesty right here on MormonDiscussions.com:

search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=mentalgymnast&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

- Doc

You know, in the final analysis, I think that any believer...that knows the facts, etc., that you do (or more)...and still remains active in the church...is by definition 'dishonest'.

From your point of view.

And I'm willing to sit/live with that. I don't know that I would expect it any other way. Fortunately, there are those that are a bit more tolerant and open minded...or at least civil. But generally speaking you won't see them around here very often.

Regards,
MG