Mormon God morality

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Mormon God morality

Post by _Maksutov »

If Mormon God could tell someone to murder for religious reasons (Laban) why couldn't he tell the prophet to lie constantly?
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon God morality

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I think the Mormon God must be telling his "prophet" to lie all the time, just like he did to Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and all the rest. It is such an obvious fraud that one must believe that God did it by design. He is just testing the faithful to see how far he can go with his fraudulent nonsense and still have believers. God has to be playing the members.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

One should compare the bad consequences entailed by lying to those entailed by telling the truth, and if the consequences of telling the truth are more damaging, one is entitled to lie.

- Every Mormon Prophet
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Post by _deacon blues »

Maksutov wrote:If Mormon God could tell someone to murder for religious reasons (Laban) why couldn't he tell the prophet to lie constantly?

This is a rhetorical question, right?

Boyd (not all truth is useful) Packer is a good of example of "The Church comes before anything: even God."

This is what bugs me, the God of Mormonism is not moral, is not truthful, is not humble, plays favorites, etc.

The God of Mormonism is the Church.