Do I need to confess to my bishop my masturbation?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Do I need to confess to my bishop my masturbation?

Post by _Shulem »

If Mormon God can masturbate, why can't I?

Facsimile No. 2 and God's Big Johnson
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Re: Do I need to confess to my bishop my masturbation?

Post by _spotlight »

mikegriffith1 wrote:We are not monkeys, dogs, cats, etc. Just because lower orders of animals do something does not mean it's okay for us to do it.

We are not Norwegens either. But though we are not the same at the national level we are the same on another level. We are all humans. And though we are not cats we are the same on another level, we are both mammals. And while mammals are not plants on another level we are all forms of life on this planet.

If we were meerkats then our sexual morality would forbid pregnancy unless we were the alpha female. As meerkats we could conclude that, "We are not lower order animals. We are not humans. Just because they are allowed to breed without being the alphas of their groups does not mean it is ok for us to do so."

Evolution has given us our place and our standards. If we spend our sexual energy alone the species dies out so no surprise that masturbation is not going to be as socially acceptable as a handshake. We are free to invent mythologies that account for our feelings but our feelings about those things are not evidence for the veracity of those mythologies.
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee