Is This Mulek Study Better or Worse Evidence Than Nahom?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Is This Mulek Study Better or Worse Evidence Than Nahom?

Post by _Philo Sofee »

https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.org/ ... been-found

Mulek seems to have some actual archaeology behind the name. Nahom has been claimed as being one of the all time great and powerful evidences for Book of Mormon authenticity. Why don't the apologists like this Mulek item as much? At least I don't see them use this. Where are the weaknesses of this study and the archaeological material? If you were presented this by missionaries, how would you respond on this evidence?

Here is Robert Smith's study, the same Robert over on the other board. Does this have validity?
https://publications.mi.byu.edu/fullscr ... 0&index=40
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Is This Mulek Study Better or Worse Evidence Than Nahom?

Post by _Dr. Shades »

When it comes to FARMS stuff, a good rule of thumb is to disregard it until it is verified by a competent non-Mormon historian or archaeologist.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Is This Mulek Study Better or Worse Evidence Than Nahom?

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Dr. Shades wrote:When it comes to FARMS stuff, a good rule of thumb is to disregard it until it is verified by a competent non-Mormon historian or archaeologist.

This is, of course, sooooooo true! I shall have to do some prodding amongst non Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint scholars and inquire as to their spiritual enlightenments on this most magnificent evidence in favor of the Book of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."