You might be a Member of "The Church" if you're okay with...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_The Soap Maker
_Emeritus

Re: You might be a Member of "The Church" if you're okay wit

Post by _The Soap Maker »

mentalgymnast wrote:Living the standards of morality.

Regards,
MG

Seriously, MG, you couldn't take a little break from your constant 'defending the faith' mentality and post something goofy about the church culture to go along with the rest of the posts in this thread? Some Mormons take this ____ way too seriously. Lighten up, bro.

Now back to the topic:

...the poophole-loophole.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

The Soap Maker wrote:...putting your clothes back on and leaving when you find out there is beer at the party. <- My all-time favorite joke about Mormons.

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:You might be a Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints if you're okay with...

... being the 157th Chosen Generation in a row preparing the Earth for the 2nd Coming that's totes just around the corner.

- Doc

Brilliant!
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')