Proof of The Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Proof of The Book of Mormon

Post by _Nightlion »

While reading a bit of Symmachus' 'chess club chronicles' thread the light of true inspiration suddenly dawned down upon my head.

One thing perfectly consistent in the Book of Mormon and just as consistently absent in the Joseph Smith era and even the entire history of the LDS Church is how well the actual gospel of Jesus Christ is precisely put in it truest form. NOBODY knows what that form is except those who actually DO IT. The Protestants have had their Bibles for at least six hundred years and failed to date to yet discover it, although it is as plain as day in Acts Chapter One. There it is perfectly stated and commanded to be done and was important enough that for forty days Jesus personally coached it after returning from the dead. And some few Jews actually accomplished it and the early church was able to replicate the event a few times in its first years. That was about it and then lost forever. The ancient Jewish prophets were experts at it and many prophets were made. Because that is precisely how a prophet is made....so every prophet ought to know all about it. LDS smugness about who can be a prophet naturally kills it for the people.
Except for Joseph the Mormons have yet to make a prophet that did not come from outside its administration.

The Protestants did not know it* and Joseph could never have gotten it from them. Joseph experienced it himself in the first vision and even mentions it correctly a couple of times that I know of. But the Mormons never saw it or saw to it. That means Joseph Smith was not perfectly keen on it and that means the inclusion of it so stunningly consistent and flawlessly taught throughout the Book of Mormon proves THE DIVINE ORIGIN behind it.

*Their tradition of 'getting religion' or being born again are NOT it. Those are sold counterfeits, trust me, I know.

Nobody here has the slightest clue what I am talking about and that proves it all the more. Do ya?
Last edited by Guest on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Re: Proof of The Book of Mormon

Post by _Runtu »

Do you expect the mantle to fall on someone else when you have passed on?
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Runtu wrote:Do you expect the mantle to fall on someone else when you have passed on?

Man! I hope so. Before I leave would be nice. Not just anybody trips into being a true prophet. You first have to be given sufficient weakness so that you will seek the Lord for a healing with a willingness to give away everything for it. That is how one is drawn of the Father to truly come unto Christ as Jesus mentions plainly in John 6 after which many stopped following Christ.

John 6:44-45
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

It is in fact the Father himself that brings his prophets to Christ. He puts it into their hearts as they hear it and learn it of the Father.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

Nightlion wrote:Nobody here has the slightest clue what I am talking about...

Right. But I sure enjoy the show.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Post by _peacemaker »

Nightlion wrote:While reading a bit of Symmachus' 'chess club chronicles' thread the light of true inspiration suddenly dawned down upon my head.

One thing perfectly consistent in the Book of Mormon and just as consistently absent in the Joseph Smith era and even the entire history of the LDS Church is how well the actual gospel of Jesus Christ is precisely put in it truest form. NOBODY knows what that form is except those who actually DO IT. The Protestants have had their Bibles for at least six hundred years and failed to date to yet discover it, although it is as plain as day in Acts Chapter One. There it is perfectly stated and commanded to be done and was important enough that for forty days Jesus personally coached it after returning from the dead. And some few Jews actually accomplished it and the early church was able to replicate the event a few times in its first years. That was about it and then lost forever. The ancient Jewish prophets were experts at it and many prophets were made. Because that is precisely how a prophet is made....so every prophet ought to know all about it. LDS smugness about who can be a prophet naturally kills it for the people.
Except for Joseph the Mormons have yet to make a prophet that did not come from outside its administration.

The Protestants did not know it* and Joseph could never have gotten it from them. Joseph experienced it himself in the first vision and even mentions it correctly a couple of times that I know of. But the Mormons never saw it or saw to it. That means Joseph Smith was not perfectly keen on it and that means the inclusion of it so stunningly consistent and flawlessly taught throughout the Book of Mormon proves THE DIVINE ORIGIN behind it.

*Their tradition of 'getting religion' or being born again are NOT it. Those are sold counterfeits, trust me, I know.

Nobody here has the slightest clue what I am talking about and that proves it all the more. Do ya?

In Ether 3:4 the Book of Mormon clarifies that God has a human-like body. The restored gospel clarifies a lot of things that the early Christians corrupted.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

peacemaker wrote:In Ether 3:4 the Book of Mormon clarifies that God has a human-like body. The restored gospel clarifies a lot of things that the early Christians corrupted.

Another fish to fry. Do offer your opinion here:

Does Heavenly Father have an ANUS?

thanks
_lostindc
_Emeritus

Post by _lostindc »

That’s cool Nightlion. We all find meaning in various places.
2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

lostindc wrote:That’s cool Nightlion. We all find meaning in various places.

Absolutely. As long as one is not hurting another person I say go for it. Good on you.

PS. I enjoy Nightlion threads to be honest
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson