Mormon Discussions Disrupts Mormon Apologetics

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon Discussions Disrupts Mormon Apologetics

Post by _Lemmie »

Kishkumen wrote:
Lemmie wrote:Apparently. Maybe the future historians Rosebud is addressing will be able to give a definitive answer.

Her reference to future historians may be her most revealing admission yet.

Too true. The whole years-long, apparently never-ending situation reminds me of the recently late, great Harlan Ellison, who wrote the short story, "The Man Who Was Heavily into Revenge." From a review:

Ultimately, in my view, the tragedy of the story is not the wrongs that have been done to Tolliver, nor is it the dismal end to Weisel, but is Tolliver's inability to get past his wretchedness and proceed with his life.

http://harlanellison.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1005
Ellison also wrote the ultimate non-fiction essay on revenge. From a review of that one:
...while it’s hard to argue that Ellison wasn’t justified in seeking redress, or that he failed to exhaust all avenues before proceeding, there’s something unnerving about it as well.

Normal humans have to rest sometime....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.avclub ... 225624/amp

rosebud wrote:Why else would anyone do what I've done? Seems pretty cra cra without good incentives. I suppose that's why I've continually repeated them.
The reasons may seem good to you, Rosebud, but they do not come across that way. Visits to a notary public with your writings and a long term safety deposit box rental would probably be a far less personally damaging way to preserve your words for historians.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon Discussions Disrupts Mormon Apologetics

Post by _cwald »

delete
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson