Number of LDS Missionaries Approaches 100,000

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Number of LDS Missionaries Approaches 100,000

Post by _Shulem »

Just imagine if you were a Hewbrew at the side of the Red Sea and were depending on dodo Holland to part the sea so you can escape the Egyptian sword. Do you think dodo Holland is able to part the sea? How about president Nelson? Can he part the Red Sea?

Nope.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Exiled wrote:Common people. The dodo only speaks as a dodo when acting as such. Otherwise, he speaks as dodo-lite (not quite full dodo but pretty close). So, having established that, the dodo didn't mean 100,000 in any literal sense. He was speaking metaphorically, like there was going to be a lot in four years, not a literal 100,000.

Exiled, I wouldn’t want to be in your shoes in 3 months from now when Elder Holland’s prophecy will be fulfilled.

You are going to be eating a lot of crow soon. I’m going to start a 3 month countdown clock for you just like Scott Lloyd.

I know, I know, I may be eating some crow once the flood of new missionaries come in and pledge to the cause of righteousness. I can hear their roar or is that the roar of the stripling warriors fighting the forces of evil above the MTC as our pervert friend Bishop told to the missionaries so long ago? We will soon find out .......
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

lostindc wrote:
Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Exiled, I wouldn’t want to be in your shoes in 3 months from now when Elder Holland’s prophecy will be fulfilled.

You are going to be eating a lot of crow soon. I’m going to start a 3 month countdown clock for you just like Scott Lloyd.

You’re not kidding. All these people that doubted the #100,000strong prophesy will look absolutely silly. I would definitely hate to be on the end of a carefully crafted Scott Lloyd piece. That’s just a power that you don’t want to upset. Lloyd is a wickedly accurate reporter With pure objectivity in his works. Go ahead and find a fluff piece on a temple opening or a new faith promoting book. He doesn’t do that stuff, he hits hard. Good luck to the doubters.

Scott Loyd and Jeff Holland are the winning team that I want to be par of. I can't wait for the fulfillment of this prophecy.
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

lostindc wrote:
You’re not kidding. All these people that doubted the #100,000strong prophesy will look absolutely silly. I would definitely hate to be on the end of a carefully crafted Scott Lloyd piece. That’s just a power that you don’t want to upset. Lloyd is a wickedly accurate reporter With pure objectivity in his works. Go ahead and find a fluff piece on a temple opening or a new faith promoting book. He doesn’t do that stuff, he hits hard. Good luck to the doubters.

Scott Loyd and Jeff Holland are the winning team that I want to be part of. I can't wait for the fulfillment of this prophecy.