Elder Pearson's FairMormon Presentation

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Elder Pearson's FairMormon Presentation

Post by _Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Welcome to the real world, old man. You better start sourcing your claims with facts, and you better be prepared to defend them. This isn't Happy Valley and we're not letting you off the hook.

Right. Reel the fish in and fry him up. Put him under the light and expose him for what he is!

Mormonism = Deceit.
_krose
_Emeritus

Post by _krose »

Elder Kevin W. Pearson wrote:Modern-day prophets such as President Russell M. Nelson have revealed that Christ will perform some of His “mightiest works” between now and when he comes again.

It’s a very bold prediction. Some time between now and forever, amazing things will happen. Clearly a true prophet.
"The DNA of fictional populations appears to be the most susceptible to extinction." - Simon Southerton
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

krose wrote:It’s a very bold prediction. Some time between now and forever, amazing things will happen. Clearly a true prophet.

But it can't go on forever. A hundred years from now Mormonism will have to address the problem of why Christ hasn't returned and how long will the latter days continue. To be honest, I think the church will splinter apart and morph into factions by that time and collapse in itself and be sold off as a museum piece.
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

Pearson says he uses a "black box " for those issues that bother him- many tell us they "shelve" those items. He said he sometimes opens the black box to take alook at the issues that would ruin his paycheck if he embraced the truth and not the LDS answer. He forgot to mention that his black box has gotten so big he had to put an addition onto his house.

He does look slick in 900 dollar suit, Hermes tie and matching Costco glasses but it still does not cover the fact that he is full of BS!
_Falcon A
_Emeritus

Post by _Falcon A »

kairos, I miss your avatar. I would always read your posts and hear Brian’s voice. Perfect.

Keep in mind the 50 and over crowd are those who participated in the Temple Endowment that included those voilent penalties. Maybe that generation is more loyal because they committed to the gospel with a more, shall we say, ‘life or death’ oath. ?? That’s my generation by the way.
smac97 is too young to know. Just learned that based on a recent post.

And I hope knowledge of the penalties and initiatory are kept alive til the end. Ever read the 1932 version? My poor grandparents! Something about roots and tongues.

*I post this with caution in this forum. Peace.