I Snuck over to Sic et Non Again...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_krose
_Emeritus

Re: I Snuck over to Sic et Non Again...

Post by _krose »

Mr. Gymnast appears to be suggesting that someone would allow the fear of possibly looking foolish keep them from eternal salvation.
"The DNA of fictional populations appears to be the most susceptible to extinction." - Simon Southerton
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Philo Sofee wrote:... otherwise why all the confetti, hoo-horah, and ...

What do marines say every Halloween? Boo-rah!
Want to prank some Mormons on Halloween? Walk up behind them and say, "Sic-et-Non!" That is Latin for Boo-rah.

Keep these reports coming, Kerry!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

This may be at least part of the reason that Turner and Barker...possibly Shipp...haven't fully investigated and/or moved along the path of conversion. There is a LOT riding on baptism and moving forward in faith in the church. It is not an easy thing to do for anyone. That is, if they're really serious about it.

I'm so glad such a difficult, monumental decision with so much riding on it can be made by children who are 8 years old. It makes complete sense.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Johannes wrote:Is Margaret Barker considered to be an ally of the LDS Church? Are we talking "honorary Mormon" here, like C S Lewis?

Yes.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
This may be at least part of the reason that Turner and Barker...possibly Shipp...haven't fully investigated and/or moved along the path of conversion. There is a LOT riding on baptism and moving forward in faith in the church. It is not an easy thing to do for anyone. That is, if they're really serious about it.

I'm so glad such a difficult, monumental decision with so much riding on it can be made by children who are 8 years old. It makes complete sense.

Amen brother.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

It's quite simple really. The reason these people have not been baptized into the church is because they have already figured out the Sanctorium Loophole into the Celestial Kingdom.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:

Bingo! We have a mega jackpot winner!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."