Is Carl Sagan "enjoying himself" as a "TK Smoothie"?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: Is Carl Sagan "enjoying himself" as a "TK Smoothie"?

Post by _Gadianton »

Moksha,

Wade's point is interesting. He seems to be saying that if the Brethren can't say where the events of the Book of Mormon took place, what are the chances that FARMS would figure it out?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Just one good peep-stone dammit. Just need one.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

The Third Hour discussion board is still going strong about TK Smoothies.

As always, Wade Englund's comments are priceless. I just wish he would bring up his "key analogy" and apply it to the TK Smoothie.

https://thirdhour.org/forums/topic/66820-tk-smoothies/
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Dr. Scratch,

I thought you might be interested to know that your information regarding the TK Smoothie is having a positive effect among the youth of the Church.

One inactive young man was so shocked to learn about the TK Smoothie that he was scared straight and decided to return to Church.

I imagine he will serve a mission, go to BYU and get married in the temple, all thanks to the possibility of losing his male genitalia.

I wouldn’t be surprised if seminary teachers all over the world start using Dr. Scratch’s research to scare the youth into staying active.

Regardless, this young man owes a huge debt of gratitude to Dr. Scratch.

”Just realized I'm on track to get a TKsmoothie, NEW PLAN: go back to church, catch up on 3 years of tithing, beg the Bishop for a calling, reading next Sundays HP lesson in advance, (bring note card with thoughtful comments), going home teaching tonight. I don't want to loose the beans and frank, thank god its not too late, thanks for the information JFS.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... oing_back/
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014