It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vogel video on Abraham Part 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:32 am 
First Presidency

My video on the Truth about the Book of Abraham - Egyptian Alphabets & Pure Language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEVSEL3K5OE

Joseph Smith (History of the Church 5:401)

Post subject: Re: Vogel video on Abraham Part 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:48 am 
Son of Perdition

I'll check it out.

I'm still waiting for you to do a presentation on Facsimile No. 3. You're more than qualified to do this. It's a silver bullet you need to shoot.

Do it, please.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:57 pm 
Son of Perdition

Okay, that was pretty good, informative, and flowed nicely.

It's clear to me that Nibley's apologetics was more thought out and was creative in making twists and turns in order to avoid impacting solid mass in which he couldn't deny or move. Nibley was creative and clever in spinning an apologetic web of lies. Gee, is quite a different fellow. He's more brash and to the point but does so without providing a realistic explanation which can be tested and proved. Gee makes his case on points he likes to highlight and avoids everything that gets in the way of showing his case doesn't make sense. Supposedly, Gee is supposed to be a smart fellow but I've yet to see sparkle or brilliance emanate from the junk that comes out of his head. This leads me to conclude that he's dumber than most people think or he's just a lousy liar -- and a tad lazy.

In any case, Gee is on the losing side of history and his name is mud. If you think Budge is the butt of jokes, Gee takes the cake.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:09 pm 
Son of Perdition

"I emphatically insist and hereby inform my colleagues and interested parties that the prophet Joseph Smith did not author the Grammar and Alphabet of the Egyptian Language -- the scribes did it. Period."

"You're mistaken, brother Gee. It was I, Joseph Smith Jr., I authored the Egyptian Grammar and did so under the inspiration of the Spirit of God."

"No, you did not!"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:41 am 
Dragon

Dan,

Thanks for this addition to your video library of Mormon topics. I know that for years to come they will be a valuable resource for many of us writers and researchers. The amount of study and preparation that went into this is self evident. I learned a lot of new things from this part, and look forward to more. It has helped me to fully understand the development of the Book of Abraham and the true arc of how things transpired. Your grasp of the evidence and the articulation of it, plainly shows how Joseph was involved and what he was trying to accomplish with the papyri. It is amazing that these artifacts dropped into his lap at that exact moment in time, it must have made quite an impression on those who looked to him as a prophet of God.

These videos are a valuable resource for any who truly want to understand the development and impact of the Book of Abraham.

If there were video awards for Mormon History, like there are book awards, I think you would be nominated and win every year you produce them, and I urge everyone to not only view this series, but all the videos you have produced thus far.

Riding on a speeding train;
trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain;
Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world
can change your direction:
One step where events converge
may alter your perception.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:48 am 
Dragon

Are you planning on doing something on the Kinderhook plates? I would be very interested in seeing you produce something about them. I think it would benefit all of us that have an interest in them.

Riding on a speeding train;
trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain;
Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world
can change your direction:
One step where events converge
may alter your perception.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:51 am 
Son of Perdition

grindael wrote:
Are you planning on doing something on the Kinderhook plates? I would be very interested in seeing you produce something about them. I think it would benefit all of us that have an interest in them.

I second that! It would be nice to see you do a presentation on the Kinderhook fiasco using nothing but pure evidence to show how flim-flam J. Smith duped his followers. Apologetic defenses for Kinderhook are nothing but mere wishful thinking. When you put the Facsimile No. 3 in one hand and the Kinderhook in the other you have a one-two punch that knocks Mormon apologetics to the ground.

Punch them out!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:18 pm 
2nd Counselor

Nice work Dan,

With the 3 part series, you have basically shown that the whole apologetic venture into the Book of Abraham has been lacking in everything but faith.
Book of Abraham apologists now have no option but to run for the hills, as the hard facts eats up any leverage that they might have imagined that they may have had.

Amen to the end of Book of Abraham apologetics.

About Joseph Smith.. How do you think his persona was influenced by being the storyteller since childhood? Mastering the art of going pale, changing his voice, and mesmerizing his audience.. How do you think he was influenced by keeping secrets and lying for his wife and the church members for decades?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:38 pm 
Son of Perdition

Uther wrote:
Book of Abraham apologists now have no option but to run for the hills, as the hard facts eats up any leverage that they might have imagined that they may have had.

Seriously, you have to see this garbage!

Book of Abraham debunks anti LDS lies/Thousands and thousands of explosive hits

AND THIS:

Book of Abraham - Part 1 (Why Egyptologists are wrong) (New)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stupid Mormons!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:40 pm 
Son of Perdition

Shulem wrote:
Uther wrote:

Seriously, you have to see this garbage!

Book of Abraham debunks anti LDS lies/Thousands and thousands of explosive hits

AND THIS:

Book of Abraham - Part 1 (Why Egyptologists are wrong) (New)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stupid Mormons!

Kerry Shirts has been replaced!

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:44 pm 
First Presidency

grindael wrote:
Dan,

Thanks for this addition to your video library of Mormon topics. I know that for years to come they will be a valuable resource for many of us writers and researchers. The amount of study and preparation that went into this is self evident. I learned a lot of new things from this part, and look forward to more. It has helped me to fully understand the development of the Book of Abraham and the true arc of how things transpired. Your grasp of the evidence and the articulation of it, plainly shows how Joseph was involved and what he was trying to accomplish with the papyri. It is amazing that these artifacts dropped into his lap at that exact moment in time, it must have made quite an impression on those who looked to him as a prophet of God.

These videos are a valuable resource for any who truly want to understand the development and impact of the Book of Abraham.

If there were video awards for Mormon History, like there are book awards, I think you would be nominated and win every year you produce them, and I urge everyone to not only view this series, but all the videos you have produced thus far.

Thanks for those kind words. It means a lot to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:45 pm 
First Presidency

grindael wrote:

I'm focusing on Ohio and Missouri for the next few years.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:09 pm 
God

Quote:

Yay! This means there is a God! :lol:

Science is not reliable because it provides certainty. It is reliable because it provides us with the best answers we have at present. And it is reliability we need, not certainty. The most credible answers are the ones given by science, because science is the search for the most credible answers available, not for answers pretending to certainty. Carlo Rovelli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:18 pm 
Son of Perdition

Philo Sofee wrote:
Quote:

Yay! This means there is a God! :lol:

I just knew you'd get a kick out of that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:33 pm 
God

Dan Vogel wrote:
grindael wrote:

I'm focusing on Ohio and Missouri for the next few years.

Why? That's already been done to death hasn't it?

Science is not reliable because it provides certainty. It is reliable because it provides us with the best answers we have at present. And it is reliability we need, not certainty. The most credible answers are the ones given by science, because science is the search for the most credible answers available, not for answers pretending to certainty. Carlo Rovelli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 pm 
God

About those links Shulem gave. Paul Gregerson is a loon. WHY does God ALWAYS seem to think it is more convincing to encrypt and mystify and hide things like languages and symbolisms within symbols of other symbol that yet come from other languages which were encrypted from yet other languages which in turn came from squiggles on cave walls (themselves encrypted)....... I mean my good gawd already what kind of loony idiot deity is so silly??? This whole canard is so laughably silly. I am now offended Shulem says this nutjob replaced Kerry Shirts. I had class, this guy is just another dumbed down version of the stupidity that Got Trump into office. I had a modicum of intelligence in my presentations. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:11 am 
Son of Perdition

Philo Sofee wrote:
I am now offended Shulem says this nutjob replaced Kerry Shirts. I had class, this guy is just another dumbed down version of the stupidity that Got Trump into office. I had a modicum of intelligence in my presentations. :rolleyes:

Oh don't be offended. I simply meant he was filling in a void in giving Book of Abraham presentations. His intelligence and reasoning doesn't compare in the slightest to yours. The dude is a total loon and a nutcase. But there he is defending the Book of Abraham using silly diagrams equipped with flannel board visual effects. His apologetic is absolutely for the birds.

:wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 am 
Son of Perdition

I appreciate the presentations made by Dan Vogel. They reflect church history as it happened and he lays out the facts in orderly fashion. What matters is what Joseph Smith said. What matters is what the saints then said. That's the true history. Apologists today try to speak for them and change what they said or reinterpret meanings simply because what they said has been proven scientifically false. Apologists today are sore losers so they resort to anything and everything to try and save their dying testimonies.

I don't care what the apologists have to say. They are not Joseph Smith. I go straight to Joseph Smith and his companions to get my facts. Apologists be damned -- they are liars, all of them. They do not represent Joseph Smith at all. The apologists are nothing but snake oil salesmen.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:34 am 
God

Does anyone know what happened to William Schryver and his vast insiders knowledge of this topic?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:18 am 
Son of Perdition

RockSlider wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to William Schryver and his vast insiders knowledge of this topic?

Tweeting like a rabid bird

Cipher man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:38 am 
Son of Perdition

Philo Sofee wrote:
WHY does God ALWAYS seem to think it is more convincing to encrypt and mystify and hide things like languages and symbolisms within symbols of other symbol that yet come from other languages which were encrypted from yet other languages which in turn came from squiggles on cave walls (themselves encrypted).......

Because it's CIPHERLY delicious?