And Just What Does the Gospel Mandate For Our Actions?!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

And Just What Does the Gospel Mandate For Our Actions?!

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Sic et non (a.k.a., Herr Peterson)
As Latter-day Saints, we must hóld ourselves and everyone who would seek our support to the stan­dards of justice and charity that the gospel mandates. As found at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeterso ... -more.html

I just can't help it, Dr. Peterson has attempted to tinker toy and cherry pick through several different scriptures, selecting only the best mind you, in order to show us what the Gospel mandates as far as our being loving, charitable, and kind. It's a complete farce when one realizes that said Gospel in said scripture also demonstrates the beating of slaves, selling of women, killing anyone who stands on their own property that God has given you without consulting them first, slaughtering infants and selling children, and turning women into second class citizens. All this is part of the Gospel in the Old Testament, which Peterson dutifully and carefully ignores, and only selects what comes across as holy, kind, loving, and Mr Rogers-ish... :biggrin:

The apologetic is pure Holey, I'm not convinced at all. I cannot fathom anyone finding his essay at all convincing. But then, I no longer am chained by the apologetic mindset... :rolleyes:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Re: And Just What Does the Gospel Mandate For Our Actions?!

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

And I honestly don't see what is the point of apologetics. There is a reason why the vast majority of American Mormons don't even know who the hell Daniel Peterson is.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

But good job Philo Sofee. Hopefully you debate Peterson someday.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Sic et non (a.k.a., Herr Peterson) wrote:As Latter-day Saints, we must hóld ourselves and everyone who would seek our support to the stan­dards of justice and charity that the gospel mandates.

Shulem attacks!

The LDS church, if it had its way, would mandate to the world that gay marriage remain illegal. The LDS church is on record that such relationships are unnatural and counter the commands of their god which they expect the whole world must bow to. The Bible is on record for murdering homosexuals. Mormonism is on record for flaming homosexuals. LDS leaders are on record to equating homosexual relations as not only sin but crimes against the state.

Thus we see how the LDS church has worked to undermine the progress of humanity in order to sport their own brand of religious wretchedness.

Elohim, I rebuke you!
Jehovah, I rebuke you!
Holy Ghost, I deny you!

Mr. Peterson, you are a fat fool and a miserable man. Your religion is utter garbage and toxic to humanity.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Sic et non (a.k.a., Herr Peterson) wrote:As Latter-day Saints, we must hóld ourselves and everyone who would seek our support to the stan­dards of justice and charity that the gospel mandates.

_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Mandates? Or...Free Agency...you just can't win ya know?
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Philo Sofee wrote:All this is part of the Gospel in the Old Testament, which Peterson dutifully and carefully ignores...

It also makes sense to carefully remove the sack of poison from the blowfish. That way you can make it into sushi and still be alive after eating it.

Thomas Jefferson painstakingly removed portions of the Bible until he got it down to a worthwhile 47 pages.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace