Mormon Discussions
http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/

Are coffee beans against the WoW?
http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49393
Page 1 of 1

Author:  DarkHelmet [ Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Are coffee beans against the WoW?

Coffee beans are loaded with health benefits. It's a super food. Of course my TBM friends and family would never drink coffee, but I wonder if they would be open to eating coffee beans, such as chocolate covered coffee beans. Are coffee beans acceptable for Mormons so long as they have not been combined with hot water?

Author:  Exiled [ Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Are coffee beans against the WoW?

My TBM parents love coffee ice cream that has real coffee in it. I used to bring that to their attention but recently they announced to my TBM sister that they believe it is only coffee flavoring and not the real thing. My TBM sister seemed satisfied with this even though I knew better. I know I should probably tell their bishop because .... tattling for the Lord is an approved activity. However, I choose to let it slide.

So, as far as my TBM parents go I don't think they would eat coffee beans. It seems like they would view it as an appearance of evil sort of thing even though it isn't hot. My mother prefers the industrial sewage that is diet coke anyhow and that is where she gets her caffeine.

Author:  DarkHelmet [ Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Are coffee beans against the WoW?

Exiled wrote:
My TBM parents love coffee ice cream that has real coffee in it. I used to bring that to their attention but recently they announced to my TBM sister that they believe it is only coffee flavoring and not the real thing. My TBM sister seemed satisfied with this even though I knew better. I know I should probably tell their bishop because .... tattling for the Lord is an approved activity. However, I choose to let it slide.

So, as far as my TBM parents go I don't think they would eat coffee beans. It seems like they would view it as an appearance of evil sort of thing even though it isn't hot. My mother prefers the industrial sewage that is diet coke anyhow and that is where she gets her caffeine.


Do they realize that the coffee beans are probably the healthiest thing in their ice cream?

Author:  Exiled [ Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Are coffee beans against the WoW?

DarkHelmet wrote:
Exiled wrote:
My TBM parents love coffee ice cream that has real coffee in it. I used to bring that to their attention but recently they announced to my TBM sister that they believe it is only coffee flavoring and not the real thing. My TBM sister seemed satisfied with this even though I knew better. I know I should probably tell their bishop because .... tattling for the Lord is an approved activity. However, I choose to let it slide.

So, as far as my TBM parents go I don't think they would eat coffee beans. It seems like they would view it as an appearance of evil sort of thing even though it isn't hot. My mother prefers the industrial sewage that is diet coke anyhow and that is where she gets her caffeine.


Do they realize that the coffee beans are probably the healthiest thing in their ice cream?


I know they don't know that. Too bad Mormonism conditions them to think a certain way about coffee.

Author:  I have a question [ Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Are coffee beans against the WoW?

DarkHelmet wrote:
Are coffee beans acceptable for Mormons so long as they have not been combined with hot water?


The problem Mormonism faces with the word of wisdom is trying to treat a generalised statement of healthy intent as a prescriptive rule about what can or cannot constitute a breach of your temple worthiness status.

Author:  SteelHead [ Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Are coffee beans against the WoW?

Only if made into a hot drink?

Author:  Fence Sitter [ Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Are coffee beans against the WoW?

It all depends on leadership roulette.

Author:  Philo Sofee [ Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Are coffee beans against the WoW?

DarkHelmet wrote:
Coffee beans are loaded with health benefits. It's a super food. Of course my TBM friends and family would never drink coffee, but I wonder if they would be open to eating coffee beans, such as chocolate covered coffee beans. Are coffee beans acceptable for Mormons so long as they have not been combined with hot water?


Well, I mean, God created it all, sure, but there was just bound to be oversights and things he messed up. After all, who isn't aware that Organic Chemistry is a muthuh of a subject in school? God may be excused for blowing it with this one... we must protect God's greatness, his majisterial all encompassing knowledge for the most part, so that's my positive spin on his screwup.

Author:  I have a question [ Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Are coffee beans against the WoW?

SteelHead wrote:
Only if made into a hot drink?


What if it’s made into a hot drink that then goes cold?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/