It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Promptings
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:52 pm 
Holy Ghost

Quasimodo wrote:
Holy Ghost wrote:
Don't you think it's great that here, in this thread, I can use words for the first time? Not just give you confirming feelings?

I prefer the "Holy Cow!" You know, milk and all that.

Me too. The Hindus seem to be on to something, don't they?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:54 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

HG: What is your opinion of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood?

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:55 pm 
God

Holy Ghost please show me the way!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:57 pm 
Son of Perdition

Holy Ghost wrote:
Why would you assume that I know everything? It is Elohim and Jehovah that are omniscient.

:mad:

Listen, Mr. Ghost, do me a favor and go ask Elohim or Jehovah the name of the Egyptian king since you obviously can't read Egyptian. I had no idea that the Third Member of the Godhead was practically a r____.

:rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:59 pm 
God

Can I worship you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:02 pm 
Son of Perdition

Holy Ghost wrote:
God too progresses, and has learned a thing or two along the way.

Go tell that to elder Bruce R McConkie.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 pm 
Son of Perdition

Holy Ghost,

May I ask you a personal question, if you don't mind?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 pm 
God

Holy Ghost wrote:
Don't you think it's great that here, in this thread, I can use words for the first time? Not just give you confirming feelings?

Yes, I definitely love the word thing that's going on. It seems so much easier to communicate with you by using words. I'm sure the others here like it as well.

Keep it up. Feelings are so confusing at times.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:52 pm 
Holy Ghost

Doctor Scratch wrote:
HG: What is your opinion of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood?

Mister Rogers was a nice, kind fellow. Wouldn't have made a very good stripling warrior, but he was more of a Jesus-type. Mister Rogers exemplified the Second Great Commandment, perhaps treating others even better than he expected to be and has been treated. The show was a bit slow for a mature mind to not wander, but was obviously enjoyed by juvenile minds.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:54 pm 
Holy Ghost

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Holy Ghost please show me the way!

To San Jose?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 pm 
Holy Ghost

Shulem wrote:
Holy Ghost wrote:
Why would you assume that I know everything? It is Elohim and Jehovah that are omniscient.

:mad:

Listen, Mr. Ghost, do me a favor and go ask Elohim or Jehovah the name of the Egyptian king since you obviously can't read Egyptian. I had no idea that the Third Member of the Godhead was practically a r____.

:rolleyes:

Won't ya be my neighbor?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:57 pm 
Holy Ghost

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Can I worship you?

Please don't. I don't want to get in trouble with the Bosses. Don't you remember how jealous Elohim and Jehovah were in OT days?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:00 pm 
Holy Ghost

Shulem wrote:
Holy Ghost wrote:
God too progresses, and has learned a thing or two along the way.

Go tell that to elder Bruce R McConkie.

I thought lawyers like Bruce were supposed to love the grey areas, but he seemed so black and white on everything. You'd have thought he was an engineer or autistic.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:01 pm 
Holy Ghost

Shulem wrote:
Holy Ghost,

Don't get too personal, but ask. If I mind, I won't answer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:08 pm 
Holy Ghost

Exiled wrote:
Holy Ghost wrote:

Yes, I definitely love the word thing that's going on. It seems so much easier to communicate with you by using words. I'm sure the others here like it as well.

Keep it up. Feelings are so confusing at times.

Going verbal, however, will make it hard for charlatans to misuse me. If I say, "God wants you to be nice to each other and every creature upon the land or in the waters", how does a missionary convince you that means I am saying the Book of Mormon is true? It will also make it harder for Me to be misunderstood. When I say treat every kid as you would the kids of Ozzie and Harriet, how can Nelson and Oaks wriggle out of that one and think I meant to exclude kids of lgtb from baptism and Aaronic Priesthood?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:40 am 
God

Holy Ghost wrote:
Going verbal, however, will make it hard for charlatans to misuse me. If I say, "God wants you to be nice to each other and every creature upon the land or in the waters", how does a missionary convince you that means I am saying the Book of Mormon is true? It will also make it harder for Me to be misunderstood. When I say treat every kid as you would the kids of Ozzie and Harriet, how can Nelson and Oaks wriggle out of that one and think I meant to exclude kids of lgtb from baptism and Aaronic Priesthood?

Good point. Those in power need to be able to say that Elohim, JC and you are on the side of power at all times. How else could have all those wars been waged throughout history? Your silence sure helped there. Also, the Q12/FP and other religious leaders would have been exposed a long time ago. Society needs religious fraudsters?

Anyway, how old are Elohim and Jesus? They seem to be children by the way they've acted throughout history. Creating Mormonism certainly seems to have been the work of child gods. Maybe it was just a prank to see how much nonsense could be pushed on believers?

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:48 pm 
God

Holy Ghost wrote:
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Can I worship you?

Please don't. I don't want to get in trouble with the Bosses. Don't you remember how jealous Elohim and Jehovah were in OT days?

Just pretend you're the empty space between two iron columns and we will talk about the weather and politics instead.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:01 pm 
God

Holy Ghost wrote:
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Can I worship you?

Your words are a power revelation to my soul. I am eternally grateful for the enlightenment.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:18 pm 
God

Praise God and Jesus for sending the Holy Ghost here to Mormon Discussions.

https://youtu.be/ywKtobddrn4?t=38s

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:51 am 
Son of Perdition

Holy Ghost wrote:
Shulem wrote:
Holy Ghost,

Don't get too personal, but ask. If I mind, I won't answer.

Bite me. I withdraw the question you silly fool.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:29 pm 
Holy Ghost

Exiled wrote:
Holy Ghost wrote:

Good point. Those in power need to be able to say that Elohim, JC and you are on the side of power at all times. How else could have all those wars been waged throughout history? Your silence sure helped there. Also, the Q12/FP and other religious leaders would have been exposed a long time ago. Society needs religious fraudsters?

Anyway, how old are Elohim and Jesus? They seem to be children by the way they've acted throughout history. Creating Mormonism certainly seems to have been the work of child gods. Maybe it was just a prank to see how much nonsense could be pushed on believers?

Ah, shucks, you give me too much credit. Wars are how we thin out the earth's population, now that medicine has developed to the point it has and the plagues don't do as much. Better to move those souls on to the next weigh station in the progression. As mysticism is receding in the face of scientific advancement, the need for religious 'fraudsters' is decreasing. There was a time, but not needed so much anymore. How old are Elohim and Jehovah? In their current form, Jehovah is about 1985 years since His ascension. He's existed in prior forms, such as 33 years as a semi-mortal. Before that, as a non-bodied spirit, since he was spiritually born from being just an intelligence. As a non-bodied spirit, about 5 billion years. As an intelligence before a spirit, ad infinitum. Elohim is about 10 billion years older, but this is his first rodeo with his own planet. Joseph Smith, Jr. really added a lot of his own crap or baggage. No intentional prank in creating Mormonism, unless you count the selection of Joseph Smith, Jr. as the prank.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next