PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:09 am 
God

BBC News

Mormon Church must end children's sexual interviews, members say

Post subject: Re: BBC News report on Mormon interviews and masturbation
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:02 pm 
Nursery

Shulem wrote:

No the members don't say this. The ex-members, those whose lives have been riuned, say this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:13 pm 
Prophet

slskipper wrote:
Shulem wrote:

No the members don't say this. The ex-members, those whose lives have been riuned, say this.

Um there are active members who say it, probably those that do are exceptional.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:51 pm 
God

slskipper wrote:
Shulem wrote:

Members do in fact voice objections about bishops asking sexually explicit questions from children. This has been an ongoing problem in the Mormon cult for generations but is now reaching a climax wherein this abusive and insidious practice must stop or legal action against the church is imminent.

PROTECT LDS CHILDREN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:30 am 
God

One might think BBC would be more concerned with the grooming gangs in Britain.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... ase-review

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 25106.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:49 am 
God

Fiannan wrote:

Gosh, whataboutery is being attempted: this must be a very embarrassing thread for TBMs ...

I am an avid consumer of the journalism of the BBC, and have been all my life. Over the last few years they have covered the whole topic of gangs of men, often of South Asian origin, who lure vulnerable girls into having sex with them, and they have covered it repeatedly and in much detail.

Now a single BBC report has raised the question of the activity in the UK of this tiny little religious cult that allows men in positions of power to ask unaccompanied kids - girls as well as boys - about what they do with their bodies in private. And so we get 'Look, a squirrel!' stuff like this.

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:52 am 
God

Quote:
I am an avid consumer of the journalism of the BBC, and have been all my life. Over the last few years they have covered the whole topic of gangs of men, often of South Asian origin, who lure vulnerable girls into having sex with them, and they have covered it repeatedly and in much detail.

Oh, you mean Laotian, Cambodian, Thai and Vietnamese men?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:55 am 
God

By the way, I think there should be changes in the way interviews are conducted. However, I also do not trust people who happen to have degrees in counseling to have a blank check in interviewing young people in public schools either.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:10 pm 
God

Fiannan wrote:
Quote:

Oh, you mean Laotian, Cambodian, Thai and Vietnamese men?

Surely in any version of English that would be 'South East Asian men'?

In quite large parts of the English-speaking world, "South Asia" is a reference understood to indicate the whole of what geographers call the 'Indian subcontinent', comprising mainly the territories of India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh' . Confusingly, in the UK people from those parts of the world often refer to themselves and are referred to as 'Asians': I avoid that usage because I am aware that in the US 'Asians' is understood to mean 'East Asians'. Hence I use the more specific term.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:51 pm 
God

Is masturbation something I need to confess to my Bishop?

Oct 1, 2014 | Sexual Issues | 18 Comments

Question

Gramps,

If you have masturbated and have repented and in a temple recommend are asked if there is any sins that have not been confessed, is masturbation something that has to be confessed to priesthood authority in order to repent of it? Thanks gramps, love your wisdom.

Jim

Answer

Jim,

A quick answer to your question is yes.

A useful article on the role of a Bishop in repentance, and when to see him–Why and What Do I need to Confess to my Bishop states: . . . .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:41 am 
Bishop

Fiannan wrote:

One of the most harrowing and disturbing pieces of drama that I have seen in the last few years was a three-part television play called Three Girls. It was based on the activities of the child grooming rings in Rochdale. It was sensitively written and superbly acted. I have yet to see a work of art that brought home more powerfully and shockingly the experience of being an underaged victim of sexual abuse.

Three Girls was a BBC production.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:43 am 
God

Johannes wrote:
Three Girls was a BBC production.

But Johannes - Fiannan is trying to defend the church!

Please try to remember that not all truth is useful.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:52 am 
God

Fiannan wrote:
By the way, I think there should be changes in the way interviews are conducted.

For generations LDS church officials have been asking questions and probing into the personal sexual behavior of children. This has been going on for generations.

Fiannan wrote:
However, I also do not trust people who happen to have degrees in counseling to have a blank check in interviewing young people in public schools either.

So you don't trust LDS officials either. They do have a history of asking little boys and girls about how they play with themselves.

That's a fact.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:03 am 
Prophet

Shulem wrote:
Fiannan wrote:
By the way, I think there should be changes in the way interviews are conducted.

For generations LDS church officials have been asking questions and probing into the personal sexual behavior of children. This has been going on for generations.

Fiannan wrote:
However, I also do not trust people who happen to have degrees in counseling to have a blank check in interviewing young people in public schools either.

So you don't trust LDS officials either. They do have a history of asking little boys and girls about how they play with themselves.

That's a fact.

And being taught that masturbation is almost next to murder as a sin can reallly mess with a person's sexual health. SO MANY people have difficulty enjoying sex because of the internalized shame they have learned to feel about their own sexual pleasure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:39 am 
God

Meadowchik wrote:
And being taught that masturbation is almost next to murder as a sin can reallly mess with a person's sexual health. SO MANY people have difficulty enjoying sex because of the internalized shame they have learned to feel about their own sexual pleasure.

Yep, and the LDS cult is guilty of perpetuating this awful form of child abuse. You can be sure that every member of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve have child abuse on their hands -- they are guilty of crimes against nature and instilling guilt and fear into the minds of children. The church is run by child abusers who are obsessed with their perverted law of chastity.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:42 am 
God

Shulem wrote:
The church is run by child abusers who are obsessed with their perverted law of chastity.

The Law of Chastity which the LDS church enforces is:

PERVERSION.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:00 pm 
Prophet

Shulem wrote:
Meadowchik wrote:

Yep, and the LDS cult is guilty of perpetuating this awful form of child abuse. You can be sure that every member of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve have child abuse on their hands -- they are guilty of crimes against nature and instilling guilt and fear into the minds of children. The church is run by child abusers who are obsessed with their perverted law of chastity.

Yes, and even if they might personally be repulsed by such a thought of doing that, this is the danger of institutional authority: it creates a system which is effectively abusive regardless of intent. This is why I have a hard time with giving these lifelong leaders a pass as church-broke men. They must know the risks they are taking in accepting the role as mouthpieces of God. Surely they've had enough time to see it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:21 pm 
God

Meadowchik wrote:
Yes, and even if they might personally be repulsed by such a thought of doing that, this is the danger of institutional authority: it creates a system which is effectively abusive regardless of intent. This is why I have a hard time with giving these lifelong leaders a pass as church-broke men. They must know the risks they are taking in accepting the role as mouthpieces of God. Surely they've had enough time to see it.

First came Joseph Smith -- Predator in Chief

Then came Brigham Young -- Abuser in Chief

--------------Women, money, and power--------------

Then came the successors and finally what we have today:

The Face of a Liar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:30 pm 
Prophet

Shulem wrote:
Meadowchik wrote:

First came Joseph Smith -- Predator in Chief

Then came Brigham Young -- Abuser in Chief

--------------Women, money, and power--------------

Then came the successors and finally what we have today:

The Face of a Liar

It is the position he is putting others in which is so damning, based on feelings and tradition and the need to uphold it, making people feel unworthy, expecting sacrifice from them for something he cannot prove... I can understand a regular member remaining naïve because he doesn't see the sausage-making, but the Q15 go all over the world, read the reports, hear the stories, and have their internal data. They should know better.

Last edited by Meadowchik on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:33 pm 
Nursery

“No problems, Bishop. It works every time.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:28 pm 
God

esodije wrote:
“No problems, Bishop. It works every time.”

It appears you are guilty of violating the law of chastity and are in need of serious repentance. Do not touch yourself inappropriately, esodije -- for in so doing you allow Satan to rule your house. Cease all unwholesome activity and rid yourself of impure thoughts. Cleanse your inner self and put your trust in the Lord. Pay your tithing. Attend church. Read the scriptures and pray constantly that you can overcome the weakness of the flesh.