Stephen E. Robinson has passed away

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Stephen E. Robinson has passed away

Post by _MsJack »

"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: Stephen E. Robinson has passed away

Post by _Kishkumen »

71. Damn. That's looking pretty young to this 49 year old man.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

Kishkumen wrote:71. Damn. That's looking pretty young to this 49 year old man.

Sister Hunter from that list should encourage you.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Of which book was he the author, again?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:Of which book was he the author, again?

How wide the divide
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

I met him back in the early 90's. He was also the author of the book "Are Mormons Christians?".
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

Co-author of *How Wide the Divide* with evangelical Craig Blomberg, which kicked off a new era in Mormon-Evangelical dialogue. Author of *Believing Christ* and *Are Mormons Christians?*, among others. He was criticized for the "divide" between his theology and Mormon works theology; I would say he was a pioneer of Mormon grace theology.

71 is too young.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

MsJack wrote:Co-author of *How Wide the Divide* with evangelical Craig Blomberg, which kicked off a new era in Mormon-Evangelical dialogue. Author of *Believing Christ* and *Are Mormons Christians?*, among others. He was criticized for the "divide" between his theology and Mormon works theology; I would say he was a pioneer of Mormon grace theology.

71 is too young.

As a teen, I read The Miracle of Forgiveness and also Believing Christ. If I recall, Robinson's book was the better of the two.