The Priesthood ban is a misnomer.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Re: The Priesthood ban is a misnomer.

Post by _Water Dog »

ldsfaqs wrote:That's because he likely made it up, or "heard it somewhere" and is just repeating it. I've been doing this a long time, and that's likely a new one.

Where I heard it was face to face, straight from the mouth of one of Elder Todd Christofferson's brothers who served a mission in Brazil in the 60s. It was his personal experience that he shared with me, complete with personal interactions with Spencer Kimball while he was a missionary related to many race-related issues he was experiencing. Point being, it wasn't a one-off fluke with a rogue mission president, SLC was very much aware of the color charts at the highest levels. He even told me about a serving bishop who was demoted and stripped of his priesthood because he was "too dark" and was accused of african ancestry by some other local member who didn't like him. So white dudes from the states got involved, color charted him, concluded, "yeah, he's too dark," and demoted him. He also shared quite a lot of interesting insider information about the OD2 "revelation" and all the crazy politics that were involved in that.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Water Dog wrote:
ldsfaqs wrote:That's because he likely made it up, or "heard it somewhere" and is just repeating it. I've been doing this a long time, and that's likely a new one.

Where I heard it was face to face, straight from the mouth of one of Elder Todd Christofferson's brothers who served a mission in Brazil in the 60s. It was his personal experience that he shared with me, complete with personal interactions with Spencer Kimball while he was a missionary related to many race-related issues he was experiencing. Point being, it wasn't a one-off fluke with a rogue mission president, SLC was very much aware of the color charts at the highest levels. He even told me about a serving bishop who was demoted and stripped of his priesthood because he was "too dark" and was accused of african ancestry by some other local member who didn't like him. So white dudes from the states got involved, color charted him, concluded, "yeah, he's too dark," and demoted him. He also shared quite a lot of interesting insider information about the OD2 "revelation" and all the crazy politics that were involved in that.

I believe it. It sounds very legit. The Mormon cult has a horrific history of tales to be told.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

ldsfaqs wrote:
Water Dog wrote:It was a ban on blacks in the church, period.

Utterly and absolutely false....

The missionary policy involved not soliciting people of African descent for conversion. The would only talk to them if they specifically asked for further information about the Church. Blacks were never excluded from the general membership of the Church, although I understand they were restricted in where they could sit in the chapel or if they could even attend certain chapels. Never have heard any details about a separate bathroom or drinking fountain policy, although the general laws of Southern States would apply in that instance. The Church's Hotel Utah was restrictive (along with most hotels in Salt Lake).

Missionaries would even rehearse excuses about ringing the doorbell by mistake if a black person answered. The motto of the young missionaries was, "Schlemiel and schlimazel, we are white and delightsome" - or something like that. Later on, the word white was changed to pure as part of camouflage apologetics.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

moksha wrote: The Church's Hotel Utah was restrictive (along with most hotels in Salt Lake).

The Mormons were just as disgustingly racist as any other people in the United States and their barbaric racist practices were simply an extension of their backward thinking and pretended faith in Jehovah, a racist god who loathed blacks and delighted in racism and murder. There is no excuse for the barbaric racism of the Mormon church and their evil practices in making blood oath covenants in their temples in which they would sacrifice their own lives rather than reveal Masonic like secrets.

Mormonism IS an evil religion. I know this absolutely and am 100% sure it's an utter abomination. Nothing could change my mind and make me deny reality. Nothing. There is nothing an LDS apologist could ever say or write to change my mind. Period.

I rebuke the Mormon church! I rebuke its evil history and practices. I lift my arm to the square and rebuke it.

Amen.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Anubis was a god in the ancient Egyptian religion. I know beyond a shadow of doubt, and solemnly testify that Joseph Smith blasphemed the ancient Egyptian religion with his pretended revelations. The man was scum and his mouth was totally filled with dirt.

The Book of Abraham Facsimile No. 3.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Water Dog wrote:He also shared quite a lot of interesting insider information about the OD2 "revelation" and all the crazy politics that were involved in that.

Please don't keep us in suspense. Share all the crazy politics that were involved with that.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley