Joseph Bishop was reported to LDS Leaders TEN TIMES!!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Re: Joseph Bishop was reported to LDS Leaders TEN TIMES!!!

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Last edited by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

duplicate
_esodije
_Emeritus

Post by _esodije »

DoubtingThomas wrote:Hopefully you are applying the same skepticism towards religion.

Unfortunately, I find that people don't suck any less when they lose their faith. The things I do have faith in are marriage and family, and I will not turn my back on those.
_esodije
_Emeritus

Post by _esodije »

esodije wrote:If Bishop confessed to Robert E. Wells in 1979 that he did anything more than choke his own chicken, I’m satisfied that he would have been released immediately as mission president. (Any accusers yet from Buenos Aires? I didn’t think so.) And he would never have been allowed to come within five miles of the MTC. As for Bishop’s “confessions” on Denson’s recordings, how hard is it to understand that he was a doty 85-year-old two days removed from heart surgery and still on post-op pain meds? Anyone with even partial control of his faculties, guilty or innocent, would have terminated the interview immediately when it became clear that it was obtained on false pretenses and that the “interviewer” was laboring to collect as many incriminating statements as possible. Was Bishop even fazed by that revelation, even after Denson spent the better part of three hours trying to get him to confess to attempting to rape her (and still somehow failing)? Denson’s history is a hell of a lot more germane to this case than Bishop’s.

I was suspicious of Denson from the start...
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

consiglieri wrote:There is a great deal more evidence that has been uncovered.

By which I primarily mean additional victims of Joseph Bishop.

The problem is not getting to the evidence.

The problem is getting the victims to come forward with the evidence.

Further your affiant sayeth not.

:cool:

I can’t imagine why victims don’t like coming forward....

Do you think there are more victims considering coming forward today than there were last week? I don’t just mean possible victims of bishop, but victims in general.

How have your actions contributed to or helped mitigate the common problem of victims preferring to remain silent rather than manage what happens after they break their silence?
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

Thread about Mary's chronological document
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

F-u-c-k you Rosebud!

Why don't you fuck-ing listen to my podcast before you start spouting your inanities?
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:F-u-c-k you Rosebud!

Why don't you fuck-ing listen to my podcast before you start spouting your inanities?

Yeah, Rosie, baby. Stick it.

:twisted:
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

consiglieri wrote:____ you Rosebud!

Why don't you ____ listen to my podcast before you start spouting your inanities?

Okay...... I’ve now listened to the end. Done. You’re trying to add some reason to the public discussion. And Bill believes he has a duty to truth. Do I understand your sense of your intentions?

My question still stands and I don’t think it has any less merit than I thought it had before I finished listening. This are very serious waters to be podcasting in.

Here’s another Q for you.... because I want your opinion after listening to the end of your podcast.

If a credible victim of a fairly unbelievable crime who doesn’t have any evidence comes forward, will the victim’s credibility lend credibility to the idea that the crime is possible? Even without evidence? In a civil suit... if the defendant is a liable institution and not the predator himself?

I’m talking about a victim of extreme abuse who is McKenma Denson’s opposite believability-wise. But the crime itself sounds too terrible to be true....

Or should that victim stay quiet because there’s no evidence so no reason to speak?

Again, I’m asking because I want your serious opinion.
Chronological List of Relevant Documents, Media Reports and Occurrences with Links regarding the lawsuit alleging President Nelson's daughter and son-in-law are sexual predators.

By our own Mary (with maybe some input from me when I can help). Thank you Mary!

Thread about the lawsuit

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Rosebud wrote:Again, I’m asking because I want your serious opinion.

I hope he doesn't answer you.

:mad:

:twisted:
_Rosebud
_Emeritus

Post by _Rosebud »

That’s up to you consig. For the record, I told Kish to “F” off yesterday after enduring several years of him following me around making posts that try to cut me down to pass his time for his entertainment. I didn’t just bark it at him and I don’t have anything personal against you.

I care about this topic. This is my business. I don’t ask for entertainment or rhetorical reasons.

I want a serious, honest and well thought out answer if you are willing to answer. If you choose not to give it, then that’s on you..... but I would still appreciate your answer because I want to think your answer through. .

Thread about the lawsuit