Question about new PH change?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_F1rebird
_Emeritus

Re: Question about new PH change?

Post by _F1rebird »

In my ward the Stake Presidency has asked the new combined group to no longer use the High Council room for the meeting. We are instead asked to meet on the stage (and the High Council room sits empty). I am curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this trend or if this is a local preference.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

F1rebird wrote:In my ward the Stake Presidency has asked the new combined group to no longer use the High Council room for the meeting. We are instead asked to meet on the stage (and the High Council room sits empty). I am curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this trend or if this is a local preference.

Our building doesn't have a stage (not a stake center either, so we don't have a High Council Room), so we got to work, quickly built a stage taking out one end of the basketball court so all the fellers can sit together on it. I sewed the curtain, made out of all of our old pairs of gym shorts and such, so we could close it and block our view of the other hoop. In our haste, we didn't make the cabinets underneath the right size, though, so we can't fit our chairs and tables in their on rolling racks. Oops.

Just playing. I havent' showed up since the announced change, but I imagine our fellers all meet in the chapel.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Much ado about nothing.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_F1rebird
_Emeritus

Post by _F1rebird »

Stem wrote:
F1rebird wrote:In my ward the Stake Presidency has asked the new combined group to no longer use the High Council room for the meeting. We are instead asked to meet on the stage (and the High Council room sits empty). I am curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this trend or if this is a local preference.

Our building doesn't have a stage (not a stake center either, so we don't have a High Council Room), so we got to work, quickly built a stage taking out one end of the basketball court so all the fellers can sit together on it. I sewed the curtain, made out of all of our old pairs of gym shorts and such, so we could close it and block our view of the other hoop. In our haste, we didn't make the cabinets underneath the right size, though, so we can't fit our chairs and tables in their on rolling racks. Oops.

Just playing. I haven't' showed up since the announced change, but I imagine our fellers all meet in the chapel.

:lol:
_Kittens_and_Jesus
_Emeritus

Post by _Kittens_and_Jesus »

I have a question wrote:Much ado about nothing.

A fair description for anything the Morg does
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. - O'Sensei