No more High Priests?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: No more High Priests?

Post by _Shulem »

F1rebird wrote:Additionally, the stats normally collected under visiting and hometeaching is now replaced with stats on how many ministering interviews are being held by the elder's quorum and relief society presidencies. At least quarterly, "ministering brothers and sisters" are now asked to report on the details and effectiveness of their ministering in face to face meetings with a member of their respective presidency.

You'd think the church was a car dealership with a host of salesmen trying to generate business. But no, this is a church! And to top it off, they claim to be Christians!

What a joke.

:lol:
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

President Nelson wrote:We have felt a pressing need to improve the way we care for our members and report our contacts with them.

Why is there a pressing need for members to report their contacts with other members?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I have a question wrote:
President Nelson wrote:We have felt a pressing need to improve the way we care for our members and report our contacts with them.

Why is there a pressing need for members to report their contacts with other members?

To return and report is a fundamental practice beginning with Elohim, Jehovah, and Michael as revealed by Joseph Smith in the House of Horrors. The CULT of Mormonism is all about mind control, spying, causing guilt, and securing funds also known as "donations".

:exclaim:
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Shulem wrote:
F1rebird wrote:Additionally, the stats normally collected under visiting and hometeaching is now replaced with stats on how many ministering interviews are being held by the elder's quorum and relief society presidencies. At least quarterly, "ministering brothers and sisters" are now asked to report on the details and effectiveness of their ministering in face to face meetings with a member of their respective presidency.

You'd think the church was a car dealership with a host of salesmen trying to generate business. But no, this is a church! And to top it off, they claim to be Christians!

What a joke.

I found this funny and would add that the church is like a used car dealership with a lot of stereotypical used car salesmen running the scam.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Shulem, can I ask you something?? Perhaps I should make this into another thread but I won't.

I agree with a lot that you post..sarcasm and all. But I need to ask what it was that set you off first when leaving the church with the anger that you have? Just curious. I, too have left in 2008. You just seem more antagonistic than most..(and that is okay with me) but I wondered..was it just the Scrolls that set you off or a combination of many things. I like you..so trying to understand where you are coming from.
Hugs..Candygal
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

candygal wrote: You just seem more antagonistic than most..(and that is okay with me) but I wondered..was it just the Scrolls that set you off or a combination of many things. I like you..so trying to understand where you are coming from.
Hugs..Candygal

Excellent question. I had assumed it had something to do with milk strippings and the release of the 2007 movie 300 Spartans featuring the six-pack of Gerard Butler.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

candygal wrote:Shulem, can I ask you something?? Perhaps I should make this into another thread but I won't.

I agree with a lot that you post..sarcasm and all. But I need to ask what it was that set you off first when leaving the church with the anger that you have? Just curious. I, too have left in 2008. You just seem more antagonistic than most..(and that is okay with me) but I wondered..was it just the Scrolls that set you off or a combination of many things. I like you..so trying to understand where you are coming from.
Hugs..Candygal

It would be a bit much to explain it all. Suffice it to say my anger against the church will probably go with me through the balance of my life and I will manage that anger just fine. I really, really, hate the church and what it represents. I hate what it did to me and put me through.

As a gay exMormon, I enjoy kicking against the pricks. No pun intended.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Tator wrote:I found this funny and would add that the church is like a used car dealership with a lot of stereotypical used car salesmen running the scam.

The church really is like a car dealership. Trade in your old one for a new model. The polygamy model was banned by the US government but the church kept selling them and vowed they would never stop. The church finally retired polygamy in favor of a more traditional model, the Manifesto, and Brigham Young rolled in his grave cursing the new and improved dealership.

In 1978 the dealership sold its first black model car. Imagine that. The church refused to sell black cars until pressure from the US government got them to change their ways again.
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Shulem wrote:
candygal wrote:Shulem, can I ask you something?? Perhaps I should make this into another thread but I won't.

Hugs..Candygal

It would be a bit much to explain it all. Suffice it to say my anger against the church will probably go with me through the balance of my life and I will manage that anger just fine. I really, really, hate the church and what it represents. I hate what it did to me and put me through.

As a gay exMormon, I enjoy kicking against the pricks. No pun intended. I hear you...